2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just to balance out the continuing adventures of the Rebellious One, can we take a moment to salute Mr Gillespie in his quite clear statement to Brillo, Portillo and Flint that "Bobby don't play that shit" :lol:

https://twitter.com/alexaitch/status/1053198757192482816https://twitter.com/alexaitch/status/1053198757192482816

Was watching that. It was horrific and wondrous in equal measure.

Bobby giving the perfect expression of combined bewilderment and disgusted, judgey stink-eye with a single look.

I aim - but fail - to assume that look during meetings at work.

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Was watching that. It was horrific and wondrous in equal measure.

Bobby giving the perfect expression of combined bewilderment and disgusted, judgey stink-eye with a single look.

I aim - but fail - to assume that look during meetings at work.

His Instagram post on the subject was pretty unflinching.  Called Brillo out for being a smug twat.

Unfortunately it does have the potential to change the accepted definition of being Gillespied.

You see, I’m not at all sure about this Gillespie thing. He’s got previous form for being an enormously embarrassing twat while everyone else sits there stony faced going ‘sit down son, have a bit of dignity, hey?’

Glastonbury 2005, for example. 

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

You see, I’m not at all sure about this Gillespie thing. He’s got previous form for being an enormously embarrassing twat while everyone else sits there stony faced going ‘sit down son, have a bit of dignity, hey?’

I'm willing to forgive a lot of past behaviour on the strength of something like that though.

4 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Is it a massive sign of getting older that I would much rather be stuck on an Indian train with Michael Portillo than Bobby Gillespie though or just good sense?

Depends. If you were on the train with Portillo you might have the opportunity to push him off it.

If the Strokes are playing Rock Werchter could be that why they moved the festival? We said Kendrick but The Strokes are American also and wouldn't want to stay in the continent longer than they could. I know it could be because of Tour de France but that would make sense also.

There's been little movement for a little while. My current prediction for 3rd headliner, in order of likeliness, is :

1. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading?

2. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album.

3. Taylor Swift : Some random music promotor guy with no reason to trust him says it's her.

4. Lady Gaga, Mumford & SonsKendrick Lamar : They breath.

16 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

If the Strokes are playing Rock Werchter could be that why they moved the festival? We said Kendrick but The Strokes are American also and wouldn't want to stay in the continent longer than they could. I know it could be because of Tour de France but that would make sense also.

No bud. The Strokes aren’t gonna be playing Glastonbury and I think they’re only rumoured for RW because they’re rumoured for festivals weeks before/after RW. I wouldn’t invest any more time into wondering why Rock Werchter moved dates, it could be a number of things - none of which we’ll ever know for sure.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Too right. Except I was rolling around with laughter. I love a bit of hissy-fit drama on stage and his meltdown was truly a classic. 

After the security guys dragged him kicking and screaming from the stage I was shouting for 'more'. Tragicomedy gold.

2 minutes ago, Glastoboy said:

Too right. Except I was rolling around with laughter. I love a bit of hissy-fit drama on stage and his meltdown was truly a classic. 

After the security guys dragged him kicking and screaming from the stage I was shouting for 'more'. Tragicomedy gold.

Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed Bobby's stony gaze on TV recently and used to love the Scream as a lad, but back then I really didn't need BG calling the crowd cattle and ranting on about us being hippies. Telling Kylie to eff off was also a little bit unnecessary.

Pharrell's tanty was better as the dopey fucker didn't realise his mic was off.

2 hours ago, Little Andy said:

There's been little movement for a little while. My current prediction for 3rd headliner, in order of likeliness, is :

1. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading?

2. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album.

3. Taylor Swift : Some random music promotor guy with no reason to trust him says it's her.

4. Lady Gaga, Mumford & SonsKendrick Lamar : They breath.

Yeah, it’s been a slow few days. I really hope there’s an announcement soon but I expect we’ll have to wait until 2019.