2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

8 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

Kind of yeah but when Axl and Slash were doing their own thing I wasn't overly bothered and just thought as long as Axl's vocals and slash's riffs were there I'd be game, same thing with Bloc Party when drummer and bassist left I've still continued to see them with Keles vocals and Russell's riffs, the other musicians in both cases cut the mustard in my opinion so I'm happy.

A lot of acts in all reality are only really one or two people and the others are interchangeable . Oasis for example is just the Gallaghers, the other three blokes come through a revolving door.

4 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

Hey, you're taking words out of my mouth there, of course he did hence me being a massive fan (I've seen them 7 times) if the newbies didn't cut it I'd just continue listening to the records.

Apologies, I misinterpreted what you said.

I've not seen BP with the new line up. I think I've seen them live 5 times but would absolutely love to see them doing Silent Alarm.

Holding out hope for an Other Stage slot, early to late evening. Had some great times in the past watching Jamie T and Editors round that time.

Edited by Divein

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

A lot of acts in all reality are only really one or two people and the others are interchangeable . Oasis for example is just the Gallaghers, the other three blokes come through a revolving door.

Exactly one bassist which comes to mind and I would miss is (and would be irreplaceable) (imo) would be Justin Chancellor from Tool I don't see how anyone else could do that Schism riff.

Though I live to be proven wrong.

3 minutes ago, Divein said:

Apologies, I misinterpreted what you said.

I've not seen BP with the new line up. I think I've seen them live 5 times but would absolutely love to see them doing Silent Alarm.

Holding out hope for an Other Stage slot, early to late evening. Had some great times in the past watching Jamie T and Editors round that time.

No worries, I saw them in Amsterdam last week on the silent alarm tour and again last night at Alexandra Palace, bleddy awesome, Kele seems to have been rejuvenated by it (lots of energy) as for Louise (new drummer) and Justin (new bassist) they definitely cut it :)

14 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fucking hell I saw the Stones this year, stood this close, for the same price as the booking fee on a Fleetwood Mac ticket. Those lucky dip tickets are the best thing that's ever happened.

Screenshot_20181025-180548_Gallery.jpg

I still get depressed that I didn't know about them until it was too late.

11 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I still get depressed that I didn't know about them until it was too late.

I just love the fact me and my mate were umming and ahhing over it because we didn't wanna be stuck at the back of the stadium and then ended up with £450 front pit tickets. As someone who'd had a maxed out overdraft all year it was nice to have something like that to end the uni year.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I just love the fact me and my mate were umming and ahhing over it because we didn't wanna be stuck at the back of the stadium and then ended up with £450 front pit tickets. As someone who'd had a maxed out overdraft all year it was nice to have something like that to end the uni year.

Saw them for €75 in Dublin earlier in the year. Standing. Couldn't see a fucking thing other than screens no matter how high I jumped. First time in my life I've ever looked at seating with envy. 

7 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Oh dear. And I thought you were sound?

Only kidding (Wolves fan?).

I lived in Brum for 5 years recently - Moseley then Kings Norton! Back in Black Country now though.

A fake yam yam an a dingle!

Ar tek it back, yow pair ay bostin at all. Arm off to the food thread to see if anybody sells grey pays or kayli at the festival ??

13 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

A fake yam yam an a dingle!

Ar tek it back, yow pair ay bostin at all. Arm off to the food thread to see if anybody sells grey pays or kayli at the festival ??

Yow ow get no ruddy kayli daaan theya. Arm tekkin me own special kayli but that dow count.

FAKE yam yam?? How cowin dare ya!

Where yow from mush? Dow tell me you support The Sh*t an all... and if it's Veeeella, either way I wunt shout about it! ?

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fucking hell I saw the Stones this year, stood this close, for the same price as the booking fee on a Fleetwood Mac ticket. Those lucky dip tickets are the best thing that's ever happened.

Just googled what a lucky dip ticket was. Amazing idea. That passed me by when getting Stones tickets, I’d loved to have been that close! Suppose you could get a shit seat as well tho. 

We saw them at London Stadium but even in standing we were quite far away- thankfully they had the massive screens as that’s pretty much all I could see.

29 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Yow ow get no ruddy kayli daaan theya. Arm tekkin me own special kayli but that dow count.

FAKE yam yam?? How cowin dare ya!

Where yow from mush? Dow tell me you support The Sh*t an all... and if it's Veeeella, either way I wunt shout about it! ?

Not yow, the Brummie @Hugh Jass ?

West Brom through n through ay I. 

boing boing

Red hot chilli peppers

Pearl jam

Guns and roses

Other 

Bastille

The strokes

Slik city

Jon peel

Editors