2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Do we have any reason to believe this is in any way related to Glastonbury? 

Non whatsoever.  

It's also been pointed out that the Tour de France begins in Belgium on the weekend that RW is usually held.

But still, that Kendrick's a bit good, let's all hope it's him.

53 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

I like pop as a genre, being a child of the 80s it would be pretty hard to give it a blanket term of shite....you'll find plenty of that shite in my collection. But I do agree with @beau1 re the argument that Pink should not be classed as less deserving, particularly with the clamour for Kylie in the legend slot - who was supposed to have headlined previously. If it's their social commentary you base them on then I don't recall Kylie being outspoken on any matters. (Not Kylie bashing here, but genuinely don't understand). I don't get the love for little mix or Taylor tbh, unless it's the eye candy appeal...which if it is, then that is a bit gross to be honest, and probably a discussion relevant to the other thread going on.

Must remember to not find some women beautiful or it may be misconstrued.

Best tell my Mrs to stop fancying the dude from Maroon 5 too. Gross.

Taylor Swift is stunning. Sorry. I quite like her catchy tunes too.

3 minutes ago, battleborn said:

There's a difference between finding someone attractive - which is natural - and going to watch an artist whose music you don't like just so you can stare at them and fantasise for an hour - which is creepy. If you don't understand the difference that's your problem.

Did you see the bit where I added "and I like her catchy tunes"? I have one of her albums, too, is this OK now? Still creepy?

If Zach Effron brought out an album and had a pretty bang average voice, my Mrs would still go and see it cos she finds him gorgeous.

Not creepy though.

Do not try and make out I am saying anything untoward by saying "that's your problem". You know exactly the point I was making. I like Taylor Swift's music. And she's stunning.

Edited by Stokesy10

6 minutes ago, thisisthesam said:

1975 is an interesting shout... Two new albums out by June so they'd have four albums of material in total to perform live.

Whether you like them or not (I do!) I must admit they have some catchy tunes.

Been listening to more of their stuff lately and they do indeed have some really catchy stuff. However, it doesn't exactly scream headliner in a million years for me. 

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Been listening to more of their stuff lately and they do indeed have some really catchy stuff. However, it doesn't exactly scream headliner in a million years for me. 

I know what you mean, but over the years Glasto has given bands the opportunity to become that headliner band.

Look at Arctics headlining after 2 albums. If festivals keep booking legends/big acts, when they all retire/pass who will we have!?

20 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I have a feeling we're getting a November announcement...I can feel it in me waters.

Gaga. Come on bab. Sort it out.

Lest year after a fallow (2013) we didn't get a meaningful announcement until Feb (Silver Hays with NAS topping it), didn't get the headliners till late March with the first poster

But there is no pattern so let's go with November ?

I'll be trying for Fleetwood tickets on Friday for my partner. I've looked already and the top end prices are the same as a Glastonbury ticket.

If the "in it for the money" theory is true then there is no way they will be at Glasto, even with them playing in June. If they wanted to play for the kudos though then they must be heavy contenders.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm actually Brummie, but spent a lot of time surrounded by Black Country folk as I support West Brom.

Oh dear. And I thought you were sound?

Only kidding (Wolves fan?).

I lived in Brum for 5 years recently - Moseley then Kings Norton! Back in Black Country now though.

19 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I'll be trying for Fleetwood tickets on Friday for my partner. I've looked already and the top end prices are the same as a Glastonbury ticket.

If the "in it for the money" theory is true then there is no way they will be at Glasto, even with them playing in June. If they wanted to play for the kudos though then they must be heavy contenders.

Presale available here now https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/fleetwood-mac/wembley-stadium-london/1280670

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Considering The National headlined APE and subbed Glastonbury, could The Strokes sub a headliner or are they bigger than The National? Really do think The Strokes will headline other but could they play the Pyramid?

Odd that they've never played Glasto - though they seem APE bound... I think Julian played Glasto once...

1 minute ago, RaphPH said:

That is taking the absolute piss. £230 to see an aged Mick Fleetwood without Lynsey Buckingham. For that price I would expect him to be my servant for a week and offer a whip round while giving everyone that purchases the bastard a selfie, signed and a full five course meal with free tube service for a day. Absolute robbing bastard. Conservative.