2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I'm sorry they were doing what? Actually sitting at the front during a set? And expecting not to be trodden on?

Were they also pissy if people trod on said blankets?

Madness

Yes very pissy -this happens all the time in the US

When I went to Coachella this year I was amazed how much space I had around me - no one barging into me like the crush in the UK.

And people getting pissy if you stand on their blankets...It's a weird mix of entitlement and lacking self-awareness - in that they thought I was wrong. They wouldn't last five mins at Glastonbury

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

I have had that exact same dream several times or some similar variation where I am circling round the edge of the festival and don't see anything.  

I think there was a dream thread in here and that one was quite common. What does it signify I wonder?!

It means you fancy your mother. They all mean that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Yes very pissy -this happens all the time in the US

When I went to Coachella this year I was amazed how much space I had around me - no one barging into me like the crush in the UK.

And people getting pissy if you stand on their blankets...It's a weird mix of entitlement and lacking self-awareness - in that they thought I was wrong. They wouldn't last five mins at Glastonbury

Wow. Just sounds a bit...sterile really.  I mean, yeah, middle of the day you don't go stepping on people's blankets if you can get round them, but the idea of doing that at the front even early doors, just don't get it!

I do love a cultural gap :)

18 minutes ago, jackdavidchan said:

Foals have just announced they're playing Rock am Ring in June.. Possible sub for the Pyramid?

They were decent in 2016 subbing on a Friday I think. But can only see them going down rather than subbing again. Plenty of other acts around now I think would be picked to sub instead...

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

my info was specifically for 2019. If it's not right for 2019 there's no reason to think it would be for 2020.

I know where that info has been sourced from, so I've good reason to think it's right.

I really hope you’re right and it is macca, always wanted to see him!

any new info or your best guesses on third headliner? Still the same as you thought last week? No new update?

13 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm sorry they were doing what? Actually sitting at the front during a set? And expecting not to be trodden on?

Were they also pissy if people trod on said blankets?

Madness

I went to a Simple Minds gig at a National Trust site a few years back and got right down the front of the stage. Some lads from Liverpool, having a dance and a thoroughly good time got marched out by the police after some jolly nice chap phoned in a complaint that his girlfriend was getting jostled a bit.

True story... now that’s gig madness right there.

• Like 1

Isn't Pink much more likely to headline than Gaga?

Pinks sold out a load of massive dates and is free on the Friday night - I know it would be 4 on the bounce but, hey, you would wouldn't you?

Gaga has no other dates lined up and is ill - a residency is 'probably' easier to manage than touring, surely?

I dunno - neither are on my radar, but Pink seems perfectly placed and by her tour dates, popular enough to provide a massive female headliner, no?

4 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Pinks sold out a load of massive dates and is free on the Friday night - I know it would be 4 on the bounce but, hey, you would wouldn't you?

Gaga has no other dates lined up and is ill - a residency is 'probably' easier to manage than touring, surely?

I dunno - neither are on my radar, but Pink seems perfectly placed and by her tour dates, popular enough to provide a massive female headliner, no?

Pink playing would mean five nights in a row, which might be a bit much.

7 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

It's not outside of thinking that Gaga would do a one off show if she is not touring just like others have done in the past such as Kanye etc

I did think that Pink was being ambitious with 2 dates at Wembley but obviously not as she has sold them out. However 5 nights on the bounce is probably too much. 

Pink wouldn’t headline Glastonbury the same way Michael Buble wouldn’t. Big acts but it’s not the same crowd.

The zeitgeist or “cultural importance” factor has come up on here before too, but most people don’t seem to get it. Sheeran, Gaga, Adele, yes they sell lots of records and tickets, but they also have some effect on culture. People make jokes about them at the pub, they get thinkpeices written about them, everyone has an opinion one way or the other. Pink just sells, and that’s typically not enough to headline Glastonbury. Hopefully that doesn’t change.

Edited by Bradders
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

Pink wouldn’t headline Glastonbury the same way Michael Buble wouldn’t. Big acts but it’s not the same crowd.

The zeitgeist or “cultural importance” factor has come up on here before too, but most people don’t seem to get it. Sheeran, Gaga, Adele, yes they sell lots of records and tickets, but they also have some effect on culture. People make jokes about them at the pub, they get thinkpeices written about them, everyone has an opinion one way or the other. Pink just sells.

I would argue Pink is bigger than Florence, Kasabian, Mumford

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Pink playing would mean five nights in a row, which might be a bit much.

I do think she should be in consideration though. You're right,. five nights in a row makes her unlikely, but I certainly wouldn't rule her out of the Friday based on that. 

I wouldn't say she's the most likely, but she actually has more of a logical link to the festival than Kendrick and Gaga, who currently aren't even in Europe next year! Although, of course, that's not taking Lawn's tea leaves in to account.

12 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Something along the same lines could have been, and was, said for Adele, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce, Kylie (even if she didn't actually make it in the end) amongst others.