2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

16 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

I'm not a really active member here, look at it once every while so did not know that. I guess I have to believe what you heard is correct. Cure are really good, Macca is too old saw him at Werchter and his singing was pretty poor. 

Nonsense. I saw him at Werchter and he was top form. Singing was fine

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

The opportunity to see Macca headline the pyramid is a massive thing for most people and i'd jump at the chance to see him regardless of his voice being poor or not. The Cure aren't for me but I can understand why they would be booked and why they would headline. 

They are booking a big band even if some don't agree to headline and a bloody Beatle and still people are not happy with the bookings. What do people expect these days!? People are mental sometimes. 

Plus if Gaga is the third one she would totally warrant it. If others don't like any of them there are lots of other places/stages to be. 

I love the Beatles and love Macca. I just want to see one relevant headliner that is still musically amazing and isn't just a nostalgic trip. If its Cure, Macca and Gaga I would be dissapointed because I grew up watching some amazing shows (Radiohead 1997, Arctic Monkeys 2007, Blur 2009 etc.) over and over again. In 2017, I finally witnessed one of my own and it was the best experience I've had with that Radiohead show. If there are three potential headliners that I all don't care about (Both Cure and Macca were very disappointing when I saw them and really dislike Gaga), I can hope for something different right? Doesn't mean I won't have goosebumps again once I walk through those gates in June.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Woah, we've got a comedian over here, people!

You are right, I meant bands that have made relevant albums in the last 5 to 10 years. Radiohead and AM make very relevant albums still imo.

Edited by Verminkt
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

You are right, I meant bands that have made relevant albums in the last 5 to 10 years. Radiohead and AM make very relevant albums still imo.

That's the key point right there.

Let's be honest here, AMSP made absolutely no impression on the mainstream outside of existing Radiohead fans.

28 minutes ago, ivan said:

I always dream that's its Sunday afternoon and despite being on site since Weds have not seen a single act !

I have had that exact same dream several times or some similar variation where I am circling round the edge of the festival and don't see anything. 

I think there was a dream thread in here and that one was quite common. What does it signify I wonder?!

5 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

The opportunity to see Macca headline the pyramid is a massive thing for most people and i'd jump at the chance to see him regardless of his voice being poor or not. The Cure aren't for me but I can understand why they would be booked and why they would headline. 

They are booking a big band even if some don't agree to headline and a bloody Beatle and still people are not happy with the bookings. What do people expect these days!? People are mental sometimes. 

Plus if Gaga is the third one she would totally warrant it. If others don't like any of them there are lots of other places/stages to be. 

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Exactly my point, if people don't like it there's always something else on to enjoy 

But I fail to see how Macca is a big thing for Glastonbury - to the best of my knowledge he has no relationship with the festival .  I did not have a problem with him playing in 03 was it  ? but can't  see the point in having him back

2 minutes ago, ivan said:

But I fail to see how Macca is a big thing for Glastonbury - to the best of my knowledge he has no relationship with the festival .  I did not have a problem with him playing in 03 was it  ? but can't  see the point in having him back

Not everyone was there 15 years ago?  it's hardly like he's part of the furniture.

If anything fewer bands need to have cosy relationships with the festival - it'd prevent Coldplay and Elbow popping up every now and again like the unkillable baddies in  video nasty.

3 minutes ago, ivan said:

But the turnover of different people attending the festival between 2003 and now is going to be huge.

It'll be 16 years by next festival.

For those who have only started attending the festival between then and now it's a massive deal to see Macca. Myself included.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ivan said:

He's a Beatle and is still touring, regardless if you like him or not he is still a big draw. Emily has openly admitted he is top of their list. He last played long enough ago for people who were not there the last time or even for others who have to want to see him again.

24 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

The crowd trying to use their blankets as space-holders for their spot at the front would be trampled to death in the UK, however

I'm sorry they were doing what? Actually sitting at the front during a set? And expecting not to be trodden on?

Were they also pissy if people trod on said blankets?

Madness

14 minutes ago, ivan said:

Ahhh the much fabled 'relationship with Glastonbury'. I'm never quite sure what that actually means other than someone who has played several times?

23 minutes ago, rubenz said:

I have had that exact same dream several times or some similar variation where I am circling round the edge of the festival and don't see anything. 

I think there was a dream thread in here and that one was quite common. What does it signify I wonder?!

My recurring dream is similar involving me being too drunk to do anything for pass out and forget any bands I had seen (if any)