2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

For a mere 500 quid you can do whatever face you want.

Yeah but its about the challenge. Testing your limits. Quite a high bar, to look like you give less of a fuck than Mick Fleetwood while taking a few grand from people and they get this face as the final product. 

jenmemick01a.jpg

Torri,+Mick+Fleetwood+and+Dotty+Manchest

On a more real note, saw Idles last night and they're a Peel headliner all day. Great fun. 

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, Bovla said:

Can we now go back to talking about how nailed on Kendrick is?

Only when he’s announced for RW. If that happens, he is definitely, 100% and inarguably playing. If he isn’t, there is no chance on Earth or heaven above of him ever coming within a 5,000 mile radius of Somerset. Thems the rules. 

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

My man.

Not sure they’ll be given the spot though, probably get similar to Frank Carter

I agree, Frank Carter slot for Idles, would hopefully avoid any nasty clashes. Keen to see them after being unable to see them on tour because of London tickets going for extortionate amounts

Edited by Bovla

Can anyone explain to me what makes The Cure and Paul McCartney the strongest rumours? I understand The Cure since they are touring European festivals but they are playing Werchter on friday so normally that would leave only sunday. And McCartney? He doesn't have tour dates in Europe yet?

A trio of McCartney, Cure and Gaga feels odd. Every year there is a Radiohead, AM, Coldplay, Muse etc. Bands that still make relevant albums. McCartney and Cure are legends and Gaga is a pure popact. Shouldn't there be at least one of those more recent alternative bands? Personally I was really hoping for Arctic Monkeys since its been 6 years and they are on top of their game now. Surely they'll continue touring in 2019? Muse is too soon I think but would be great too. 

Edited by Verminkt

3 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

Can anyone explain to me what makes The Cure and Paul McCartney the strongest rumours?

cos that's what I've said, I think.

I can't guarantee what i heard is correct, but so far all of The Cure announcements seem to confirm what I was told before any of their festival announcements.

There's also some other snippets that other people have which say the cure.

The Macca stuff came from the same place as what I heard for the cure, along with "no Madonna" which Emily has since said is the case.

So it does seem to add up.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

cos that's what I've said, I think.

I can't guarantee what i heard is correct, but so far all of The Cure announcements seem to confirm what I was told before any of their festival announcements.

There's also some other snippets that other people have which say the cure.

The Macca stuff came from the same place as what I heard for the cure, along with "no Madonna" which Emily has since said is the case.

So it does seem to add up.

I'm not a really active member here, look at it once every while so did not know that. I guess I have to believe what you heard is correct. Cure are really good, Macca is too old saw him at Werchter and his singing was pretty poor. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyway, I had another dream last night where Mumford were announced as headliners. It was announced in a weird way, we were all already at Glastonbury and were just sat around near the top of some waterfall and Mumford and Sons started playing over some speakers. I looked over to the edge of the waterfall, which was facing the Pyramid Stage, and some guy was holding up some flaming torch towards the stage. We headed over and saw the Pyramid Stage was lit up, which for some reason meant Mumford and Sons were confirmed. We sat down, pretty bummed, and then for some reason my mate made us all leave the festival and I was annoyed about that and then woke up.

2 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

I'm not a really active member here, look at it once every while so did not know that. I guess I have to believe what you heard is correct. Cure are really good, Macca is too old saw him at Werchter and his singing was pretty poor. 

There's also the stuff on Radio 2 from Macca and follow up response from Emily.

Jo Wiley said to Macca that his daughters were campaigning to get him to headline and he said he would if asked. A few days later Emily said he was always top of their list. 

Possibly throw away comments but coupled with what Neil has been told, sounds quite likely.

The opportunity to see Macca headline the pyramid is a massive thing for most people and i'd jump at the chance to see him regardless of his voice being poor or not. The Cure aren't for me but I can understand why they would be booked and why they would headline. 

They are booking a big band even if some don't agree to headline and a bloody Beatle and still people are not happy with the bookings. What do people expect these days!? People are mental sometimes. 

Plus if Gaga is the third one she would totally warrant it. If others don't like any of them there are lots of other places/stages to be. 

Edited by Doug85

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Anyway, I had another dream last night where Mumford were announced as headliners. It was announced in a weird way, we were all already at Glastonbury and were just sat around near the top of some waterfall and Mumford and Sons started playing over some speakers. I looked over to the edge of the waterfall, which was facing the Pyramid Stage, and some guy was holding up some flaming torch towards the stage. We headed over and saw the Pyramid Stage was lit up, which for some reason meant Mumford and Sons were confirmed. We sat down, pretty bummed, and then for some reason my mate made us all leave the festival and I was annoyed about that and then woke up.

I always dream that's its Sunday afternoon and despite being on site since Weds have not seen a single act !

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

You ought to lay off the cheese before bedtime!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

The opportunity to see Macca headline the pyramid is a massive thing for most people and i'd jump at the chance to see him regardless of his voice being poor or not. The Cure aren't for me but I can understand why they would be booked and why they would headline. 

They are booking a big band even if some don't agree to headline and a bloody Beatle and still people are not happy with the bookings. What do people expect these days!? People are mental sometimes. 

Plus if Gaga is the third one she would totally warrant it. If others don't like any of them there are lots of other places/stages to be. 

I did not watch Macca headline the last time , I was busy enjoying myself at Basement Jaxx !

• Upvote 1