2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Could The Cure headline the Other Stage?

So basically Werchter have moved their festival forward a week to book these. I think they're booked their for Sunday this year and from past history of play 6 times and 3 in 12 years they sell the tickets, this would be 4 in 19 years. Monkeys played this year, Macca only played in 16 and as said it didn't sell out...it was Thursday but he's huge enough to sell it...I've known others that have. I also personally didn't see it being the most solid year, their dip maybe if you like. Kendrick, it would be two summers after release of Damn and I don't think either Werchter or Glasto will go for that...Glasto would certainly want it when it's new and fresh and he did Puckelpop this year on a 2nd year. Also Stormzy isn't going to headline after never playing Werchter anyway. 

I think Florence would get booked again for both already but I'm unsure a fest would move for her....she does sell well though.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I think Florence would get booked again for both already but I'm unsure a fest would move for her....she does sell well though.

Florence is a co-headliner along with Mumford & Sons on Saturday which is their easiest day to sell. As @StupidDream suggested, the festival probably moved because logistic regarding Tour de France and not for a certain act (at least not one of the already announced 5 headliners) . 

Edited by e2p2

Makes odd reading this thread when you're yet to secure a ticket. Selfishly, I've found myself hoping for a set of the most realistically irrelevant trio headliners possible so that loads of people throw tickets back into the pot.

Cure/McCartney/Stormzy seems like a good bet, only 1 real megastar in there compared to the last few years.

AM/Taylor Swift would be a bit of a nightmare ticket-wise.

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Florence is a co-headliner along with Mumford & Sons on Saturday which is their easiest day to sell. As @StupidDream suggested, the festival probably moved because logistic regarding Tour de France and not for a certain act (at least not one of the already announced 5 headliners) . 

Anybody else love it when pragmatic reasoning triumphs over hopeful anticipation?

• Upvote 1