2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Look, the Taylor doppelganger hears "Glastonbury festival" and immediately thinks Glastonbury grove, and obviously she's going to be wary of that because she'll think the Fireman has got some scheme to recall her before the 25 years are up. She might just send Richard Horne on stage instead and observe to see if he gets fried.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Look, the Taylor doppelganger hears "Glastonbury festival" and immediately thinks Glastonbury grove, and obviously she's going to be wary of that because she'll think the Fireman has got some scheme to recall her before the 25 years are up. She might just send Richard Horne on stage instead and observe to see if he gets fried.

U ok Hun?

49 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't get this. Obviously, there is a huge chasmic difference between attending a proper festival like Glastonbury and "The Biggest Weekend"*, but from an artist's point of view don't they have similar pros and cons. I.e.

* Con: Vastly reduced control over stage production.

* Con: Short set.

* Not paying to your own fans/not headlining (usually).

* Pro: TV exposure.

* Pro: Cool points.

Although, hang on, that last one only applies to Glastonbury, so I think for once, Martin is talking sense when it comes to Ms Swift and our favourite festival. If she was willing to play The Biggest Weekend, then what reason would she have for not playing Glastonbury?

* Those were "distain quotes"

Well for one she is likely to request everything crazy for dressing room etc, two she is performing with BBC coverage with a shorter set to a LOT less fans. Playing Glastonbury for a nominal fee to well over 100k people could well have an adverse effect on the future when it comes to selling tickets for longer term and at as much cost as every one from kids to teens and older generation attend and would go see her....many of whom wouldn't pay for her tour.

45 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

How do you know she's not available. I think the point is null as Adele didn't play festivals until Glastonbury came calling either. 

Adele is British and knows about Glastonbury....Taylor Swift is American....probably didn't know it existed 5 years ago.....it's amazing how many Americans don't know Glastonbury is a thing!

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Going off the name of that chat I'm assuming yr mate is jj200. He's at least getting closer to the right spelling of challenge tbf

Might be uni challenge at the Park. Keep seeing it advertised at uni and every time it makes me think of you and uni and other people on here.. 

Don't worry, in the resale I'm gonna get tix for you and @Mouseboy11 and we're gonna get litty in the JP to Muse's secret set. And if you reject the offer I will never get you tix again. Will also get @dentalplan tix if he wants because he is the only person on here as much as me. Bug party to Pressure inn the JP.

Mumford and sons

The cure

Liam Gallagher

Other

Disclosure

Foals

Clean bandit

With other acts like Bastille, the streets, wolf Alice, the blinders , two door cinema club, the courteeners, kasier cheifs, fat boy silm, fall out boy, panic at the disco, Stormzy, the vaccines, bring me the horizon, editors, kasabian, Interpol, sketpa, Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, kodaline, dua lipa, the beach boys, James bay, Kyle, j his krept and konen and stereophonics

I'm with our old friend deux chapeaux on this one. She's dipped her toe in the festival pool with these psuedo festivals and for all we know it may have opened her eyes to the possibility of doing more. 

I also think that anecdotes like the one from Sheeran shouldn't be relied upon to rule acts out. Artists change their mind regularly ("we'll never reunite!" or "this is our farewell tour!" bring prime examples). I get we don't have much else to go on at the minute, and there's certainly nothing else aside from a rogue tweet from some rando to link her to G, but this "she won't do festivals" argument is a bit flimsy to me.

And acts can ALWAYS use more exposure, even Taylor Swift. She's huge but there's still a chunk of people (my parents for one) who don't know her at all, yet watch G on TV every year.

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm with our old friend deux chapeaux on this one. She's dipped her toe in the festival pool with these psuedo festivals and for all we know it may have opened her eyes to the possibility of doing more. 

I also think that anecdotes like the one from Sheeran shouldn't be relied upon to rule acts out. Artists change their mind regularly ("we'll never reunite!" or "this is our farewell tour!" bring prime examples). I get we don't have much else to go on at the minute, and there's certainly nothing else aside from a rogue tweet from some rando to link her to G, but this "she won't do festivals" argument is a bit flimsy to me.

And acts can ALWAYS use more exposure, even Taylor Swift. She's huge but there's still a chunk of people (my parents for one) who don't know her at all, yet watch G on TV every year.

Yeah, but they never ever ever ever did get back together, did they?

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2018 at 2:13 PM, thisisthesam said:

They were showing this film at the AM:ZM exhibitions in London and Sheffield.

Clutching at straws, but I'd love to see the Monkeys again.

I hope so too, ive seen them three times now but would see them every day of the week if i could.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd like to cram in as much Ezra as possible from now on, to make up for all the years I never bothered paying him any attention because somebody had told me he was "a rockabilly singer".

Think we're in a similar place with Ezra. EotR was where I saw him first and haven't stopped listening since; still get goosebumps when I put Ordinary Life on remembering that set. I always swerved him before as I just kept getting George E in my head.

7 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Think we're in a similar place with Ezra. EotR was where I saw him first and haven't stopped listening since; still get goosebumps when I put Ordinary Life on remembering that set. I always swerved him before as I just kept getting George E in my head.

I wonder how many people have wandered along to the Pyramid expecting a cross dressing, Holocaust songs writing, rockabily influenced singer backed with woodwind, only to be presented with Ed Sheeran without the dangerous edge.

41 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I wish. 

So:

Where did this Swifty speculation come from?

Somewhere ‘credible’ (as if we ever need credible) or Martin shouting it into the ether?

A tweet from someone "in the know" but almost definitely speaking out of his arse. He predicted the IoW headliners as AM, Dylan and Pink, and G would get Cure/Macca/Swift.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

A tweet from someone "in the know" but almost definitely speaking out of his arse. He predicted the IoW headliners as AM, Dylan and Pink, and G would get Cure/Macca/Swift.

Ah. Thanks.

‘In the know’ + utter bullshit. That’ll do it.