2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, Quark said:

Do you think so? I reckon that might be one of those cases where eFests popularity is projected onto the wider Glastonbury population.

Not saying they wouldn't be a draw, but not sure they'd overfill the field

Yeah I don't know if I buy this. I'd be there, but are they bigger than Chic, for example? The field was packed then but we still made it work. 

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Think you’re right, although I’m not convinced they’d be packing out the Other stage at all

Maybe a more modest showing but still probably the wisest venue; file alongside New Order and LCD Soundsystem.

I feel like I once heard on the radio Melvin Benn say FR got an email from Kraftwerk’s people essentially saying “Kraftwerk, £100k” and he emailed back and signed them up straight away. I think I might have imagined it now though, given that it isn’t a done thing to discuss prices and I can’t find any evidence. That seems like an Other headliner fee to me, anyway.

43 minutes ago, Quark said:

Do you think so? I reckon that might be one of those cases where eFests popularity is projected onto the wider Glastonbury population.

Not saying they wouldn't be a draw, but not sure they'd overfill the field

Saw them headline Bestival a few years back and they packed out the main field which was about the size of the Other.

Would depend who they're up against but I reckon they'd draw a big crowd, most people will have heard of them and be aware that there aren't many opportunities to see them live.

Kraftwerk at Glastonbury would be such a rare opportunity. I think a lot of people recognise how massively influential they are to modern music and would go along. I don't think they would pack the field but it wouldn't be any thinner than New Order or LCD. 

It could easily be one of the all time highlights of the festival if all the variables go in their favour.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Kraftwerk at Glastonbury would be such a rare opportunity. I think a lot of people recognise how massively influential they are to modern music and would go along. I don't think they would pack the field but it wouldn't be any thinner than New Order or LCD. 

It could easily be one of the all time highlights of the festival if all the variables go in their favour.

Yes I completely agree with this. I think they are iconic and I'd be there in a shot. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Can't wait to see this bad boy up on the big screens halfway through Autobahn

Windows-10-Update-Download-Available-e1438617284236.jpg.fe714f5f7e5b9fe012f9836f7c667c16.jpg

Had a shit boss once who was running through a consultation document on how he was going to make a load of us redundant. Midway through his laptop crashed with the message "running low on virtual memory" broadcast to the whole room. Lightened the mood....