2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

15 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I still think Arryo Seco will be the weekend before glasto. But if it isnt, and they get macca... then we are getting banjos. 

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

It’s been the last full weekend in June the last couple of years so I’m expecting the same this year. To be honest not having a ticket makes it much easier to expect and accept Country Winston turning up.

its already advertised as 23/24th.....

https://www.arroyosecoweekend.com/

9 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

How many times have we had same headliner as Coachella? I reckon Justin T is in with a shout here still. 

Probably Radiohead in 2017 and that's it? At least for same years.

Edit: Ah, also Arcade Fire 2014 and in 2010 both Muse and Gorillaz.

Edit2: Oh jeez, also Coldplay in 2005, of course...

So it happens, but no real pattern. Even becoming less likely I would say with the direction they take.

Edited by StupidDream

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

It’s been the last full weekend in June the last couple of years so I’m expecting the same this year. To be honest not having a ticket makes it much easier to expect and accept Country Winston turning up.

Its only been on 2 years... 1 year the 23 and 24 and 1 year the 24 25... Americans are weird and dont really do things by "last weekend of" but moreso "closest to". I dont think its a guarentee either way.

2 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

its already advertised as 23/24th.....

https://www.arroyosecoweekend.com/

Thats still last years dates... not in the clear yet

Just now, MetaKate said:

Its only been on 2 years... 1 year the 23 and 24 and 1 year the 24 25... Americans are weird and dont really do things by "last weekend of" but moreso "closest to". I dont think its a guarentee either way.

Thats still last years dates... not in the clear yet

yeah... double doh.!

Its still October... I am getting easily confused.

I would be delighted with the RW line-up (assuming i am reading the correct year.!) as 2017 was very liberating not bothering with any of the headliners for the first time..

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It'd be a bewildering booking, I don't see it happening unless Emily's been sniffing markers.

Why bewildering? Great back catalogue, one of the more "credible" pop acts around. Did super bowl this year and just finished touring an album (admittedly not his finest). Not a frequent tourer either.

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

yeah... double doh.!

Its still October... I am getting easily confused.

I would be delighted with the RW line-up (assuming i am reading the correct year.!) as 2017 was very liberating not bothering with any of the headliners for the first time..

Sorry someone already replied! I didnt see until it was too late.

Macca is the only one I really am hoping for so we probably wont get him ?

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

Where is @Little Andyand his list when you need him.? You can’t give up in October man.!

My latest prediction for 3rd Headliner, in order of likeliness :

1. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading?

2. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album.

3. Taylor Swift : Some random music promotor guy with no reason to trust him says it's her.

4. Lady Gaga, Mumford & SonsKendrick Lamar : They breath.

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if even Glastonbury don't know who the 3rd headliner will be yet! 

Edited by Little Andy

15 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

My latest prediction for 3rd Headliner, in order of likeliness :

1. The 1975 : Apparently have been offered to play the festival. But to headline? And instead of Leeds and Reading?

2. Stormzy : Tweeted about Glastonbury, but only has 1 album.

3. Taylor Swift : Some random music promotor guy with no reason to trust him says it's her.

4. Lady Gaga, Mumford & SonsKendrick Lamar : They breath.

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if even Glastonbury don't know who the 3rd headliner will be yet! 

Thats more like it @Little Andy.. If this could be updated for 6am and 6pm every day for the next few months that would be excellent ?

perhaps you could add a 'Random - out there' section for the likes of @MetaKateand her Rihanna with Colin Kaepernick on one knee bass..? That would be most helpful...