2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, Bovla said:

Although to put Macca in he'd probably have to have some inside info or be up to date on forums such as these. Can't think he'd just pull that name out as he's not nailed onto doing any festivals next summer is he? So could be based on some info

Well both him and Emily hinted at it on live radio and I imagine that has been covered on music sites/magazines like the NME.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Funnily enough I dunno if I'd discount it.

It’s a bold choice for rumours, but my issue is where each act would be placed.

Macca: could technically play any night, but has a gig in the States on Wednesday. Hard to imagine him doing anything but closing the festival. 

The Cure: Have a gig at RW on Friday so potentially a Sunday act but if Macca is headlining, far more likely on the Saturday. 

Taylor Swift: Another act you’d typically want to place on the Sunday and certainly not a Friday headliner, traditionally. 

I’ve been shouted down for daring to suggest such a thing before, but is it conceivable that The Cure might headline Other if Swifty gets the Pyramid on Saturday night? 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It’s a bold choice for rumours, but my issue is where each act would be placed.

Macca: could technically play any night, but has a gig in the States on Wednesday. Hard to imagine him doing anything but closing the festival. 

The Cure: Have a gig at RW on Friday so potentially a Sunday act but if Macca is headlining, far more likely on the Saturday. 

Taylor Swift: Another act you’d typically want to place on the Sunday and certainly not a Friday headliner, traditionally. 

I’ve been shouted down for daring to suggest such a thing before, but is it conceivable that The Cure might headline Other if Swifty gets the Pyramid on Saturday night? 

I know theres some info otherwise.. but I tend to agree. The Cure just doesnt seem like a Pyramid headliner to me... headlining the Other would make more sense in my mind, but apparently if theyre there theyre headlining the Pyramid.

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Tweet from a promoter and manager. Probably just an educated guess, but maybe he knows...?

https://twitter.com/lukejoynes/status/1052924878402277379

I was working at the enemy ?the week the poster missing Metallica was dropped in 2014. The higher staff were told to expect an announcement (via phone call from Emily) the day before, but that’s it... as you would think - cards are kept very close to their chest.

we also got the first advance on 48:13 blasting over the floor that week...once... and then never to be mentioned again.

33 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I know theres some info otherwise.. but I tend to agree. The Cure just doesnt seem like a Pyramid headliner to me... headlining the Other would make more sense in my mind, but apparently if theyre there theyre headlining the Pyramid.

Cure are massive. Believe me that they would put on the best show.