2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

13 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

42 minutes until the same time the announcement was for Radiohead. 

I remember the moment well. Didn't get much work done that day...

What a great announcement that was in hindsight. They'd struggle to top that IMO.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Where did this 2/3 headliners have never played before come from? That's definitely passed me by. Can remember Michael saying that about 2017, was that from the recent Q&A?

He said it at the NME Awards (although the says two OR three, rather than two OUT OF three, as the slash might indicate). A week later Emily said there was one headliner booked.

Gotta be The Cure announced on Christmas Eve. I can picture it right now, I'm stuffing my face with a massive Chinese, just finished Edward Scissorhands (which was natch preceded by Batman Returns and The Nightmare Before Christmas; the full Burton Festive TrilogyTM) bathed in the twinkling lights of my black Christmas tree. Check Twitter, The Cure have been announced for Glastonbury. Ho Ho Ho Merry Gothmas!

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I remember the moment well. Didn't get much work done that day...

What a great announcement that was in hindsight. They'd struggle to top that IMO.

Just reward for us being put through the ringer with the will they/won't they right up until the festival itself in 2016.

5 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

He said 2/3 acts [have never played] if I remember correctly. Not necessarily headliners and we believe it’s The Cure, Kendrick and Macca pretty much nailed 

The Cure have headlined Glastonbury at least 3 times already, according to Wikipedia, even if it's been a long time. Macca headlined 2004.

25 minutes ago, captainmuscles said:

The Cure have headlined Glastonbury at least 3 times already, according to Wikipedia, even if it's been a long time. Macca headlined 2004.

I mean contrary to what was said we know a potential three. I know only Kendrick hasn’t headlined.