2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Sucks how nowadays you can be an overtly liberal band and still be likened to a pink-faced Brexiteer cos yer music aint fuckin SOPHIE.

tbqh I can't think what reason a person would have for listening to any music which isn't SOPHIE, other than they spend every waking moment quaking with impotent rage at how much they want to free Tommy Robinson

38 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Owen's finest moment. They should play this after the main acts on a big screen to get rid of the crowd and stop over crowding.

Welsh Everton fan who played for England and Liverpool, then rolls up at United. Despise the little bastard.

7 hours ago, jparx said:

There's no way in hell Glastonbury have booked Pearl Jam, The Cure and Macca as headliners in 2018.

in 2009 they managed to pull off Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Blur. If the money is right they can nail ALL the big names.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

You don't like Muse? Gucci don't do this to me

While I really like Muse, they aren't as good as they were and they are by no means an exciting booking (especially on the 2nd year of their tour of probably their worst album, only 5 years after they last played). If they had held off and were only headlining this year it would have been a better booking imo, but even then they wouldn't be a must see act for me

18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

2015 - Kanye

2016 - all shit

2017 - Radiohead

2018 - The Cure, Macca, maybe Kendrick

Don't see how they're getting worse at all tbh.

Adele isn't shit like. Maybe a bit dreary but not shit regardless of taste people have to see that. I watched around 30 mins and appreciated it and went elsewhere. She was very good but my own personal taste couldn't handle more than that. I seen up to the end of Skyfall and that was enough for me. 

Edited by Doug85

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

:lol: They used to be my favourite band but I think they suck now, and that 2016 set was the last straw for me having any desire to see a normal Muse set again anytime soon. I'm still all in for the JP secret set next year, though.

Fair enough, they aren't what they were but then again still a great band live. Pressures a good song and Dig Down is alright, the rest released so far is drivel. Hasn't been a good album since Resistance and some on Resistance isn't that good so really since Black Holes. Secret set I would enjoy thoroughly with hits and a few of the new ones.

Muse at JP would be amazing. But Kendrick, Cure, Macca, Tame Impala and a Interpol potential headline set makes hard choices for me. 

10 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Adele isn't shit like. Maybe a bit dreary but not shit regardless of taste people have to see that. I watched around 30 mins and appreciated it and went elsewhere. She was very good but my own personal taste couldn't handle more than that. I seen up to the end of Skyfall and that was enough for me. 

Tbf I was gonna include a caveat along those lines, but obvs it was just which acts are good imo. Like I appreciate a lot of people wouldn't include Kanye on that list like I did.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Tbf I was gonna include a caveat along those lines, but obvs it was just which acts are good imo. Like I appreciate a lot of people wouldn't include Kanye on that list like I did.

Yeah fair enough with the Kanye point. Lots hated the fact he played never mind headlined. I wasn't there that year but I'd have been tempted to see some of it at least up to 'black skinhead' and then I'd have gone off to see public service broadcasting as I don't think I'd have been able to watch all of Kanye 

36 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Fair enough, they aren't what they were but then again still a great band live. Pressures a good song and Dig Down is alright, the rest released so far is drivel. Hasn't been a good album since Resistance and some on Resistance isn't that good so really since Black Holes. Secret set I would enjoy thoroughly with hits and a few of the new ones.

Muse at JP would be amazing. But Kendrick, Cure, Macca, Tame Impala and a Interpol potential headline set makes hard choices for me. 

Would be incredible, they'd have to be very on the ball with capacity though cos it could get horribly packed. Can't see it happening anyway tbf.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

As for the headliners....

Does anyone fear the headliners going forward? Becoming pretty shit.

As long as great artists continue to make great music, then no. Glastonbury can (often, but obviously not always) attract the biggest and/or best acts out there, competing through its reputation with the competition. That didn’t used to be the case.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

As for the headliners....

Does anyone fear the headliners going forward? Becoming pretty shit.

I don't fear the headliners becoming shit, I only fear he undercard/other stages becoming shit, which there is no sign of happening as far as I can see. The headliners will attract the newbs to the festival which is no bad thing, hopefully they will wander round the other stages the rest of the time to find something they haven't heard of and come to love. That happened to me with the likes of Goldfrapp, Holy Fuck and M83