2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, Bovla said:

This is all very true, I'd like to retract my statement regarding the quality of 'damn' as a clue.

The announcements are usually a Friday yes? Will be waiting with bated breath ?

Yep, so hopefully we'll find out this week or next week, although I wouldn't be surprised if there's nothing this Friday after them announcing P!nk yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Bovla said:

Why do you say that? Would be a pretty fast turn around considering he has toured Damn. extensively

Two years is a pretty average turnaround for Kendrick. And, unless he's gonna go for something extravagant like TPAB again, he only really has to select a beat and rap over it so I don't think the tour will have limited his creative output.

1 minute ago, bigfurbdogg said:

I asked about Kendrick a few days ago and was told he's too expensive and has no new music. Now everyone's talking about him again, what's changed? I've tried reading back through the thread but my works computer is a pain in the ass and a lot of the pages don't load.

Essentially a rumour that he's doing Rock Wercther, the same weekend as Glastonbury.

Just now, bigfurbdogg said:

I asked about Kendrick a few days ago and was told he's too expensive and has no new music. Now everyone's talking about him again, what's changed? I've tried reading back through the thread but my works computer is a pain in the ass and a lot of the pages don't load.

Somebodies give us something to go off and he is rumoured for Werchter so back on the scene also the Scum rumoured it so we believe he could do the other slot after Macca and Cure

Saw the Smashing Pumpkins at Wembley Arena last night. Was truly brilliant, stage set up was spectacular, setlist was a great collection of almost exclusively 'classic era' tunes (as well as a few covers and the compulsory new single). This current line-up is a formidable live act, playing so much better than the last couple of incarnations. 

Sadly, think they'd have needed a full reunion with D'Arcy to be seen as anything like Pyramid headliners. Would do a great job on the Other I reckon. Set would need reducing from 3hrs though. 

20181016_200750.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Essentially a rumour that he's doing Rock Wercther, the same weekend as Glastonbury.

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Somebodies give us something to go off and he is rumoured for Werchter so back on the scene also the Scum rumoured it so we believe he could do the other slot after Macca and Cure

Cheers lads, fingers crossed, would love to see him there.

6 minutes ago, BoringMidlander said:

Saw the Smashing Pumpkins at Wembley Arena last night. Was truly brilliant, stage set up was spectacular, setlist was a great collection of almost exclusively 'classic era' tunes (as well as a few covers and the compulsory new single). This current line-up is a formidable live act, playing so much better than the last couple of incarnations. 

Sadly, think they'd have needed a full reunion with D'Arcy to be seen as anything like Pyramid headliners. Would do a great job on the Other I reckon. Set would need reducing from 3hrs though. 

20181016_200750.jpg

Is that Corgan as a child? Nightmarish.

Jealous about the gig by the way, just couldn't quite justify the cost.

10 minutes ago, BoringMidlander said:

I don't think that would make any difference to the average Glasto punter to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't think that would make any difference to the average Glasto punter to be honest.

Very true, it's just being able to pitch it as a 'complete classic reunion' would generate more hype than drummer and guitarist return. Certainly would have improved sales in the US leg which were mostly good, but shaky in some regions. Either way, they'd have been a hugely outside bet. Probably play the Other if they do a summer festival tour for their new album out next month. 

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is that Corgan as a child? Nightmarish.

Jealous about the gig by the way, just couldn't quite justify the cost.

The images and videos throughout were equal parts mesmerising and terrifying! Basically Corgan debating his saintliness and his own unworthiness. Wound up going for golden circle, which is nonsense in a venue Wembley Arena's size, but normal standing was far too back to justify the £80.

14 hours ago, Ryanp1993 said:

Arctic monkeys just released a behind the scenes production video, if you go to 8.29 mins in you can see a very familiar outline. I think the writing is on the wall guys make of it what you will.

15397287532277387413619691949828.jpg

They were showing this film at the AM:ZM exhibitions in London and Sheffield.

Clutching at straws, but I'd love to see the Monkeys again.

Edited by thisisthesam
  • Upvote 1