2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I think it's definitely an outside bet. But it's not gonna happen this year unfortunately

Wishful thinking on my part but you never know.....

Was my first Glasto in 2017 and never got to see a pyramid headliner. I`m into the the more heavier type of music and still cursing them putting the Dead Kennedys on at the same time as The Foo Fighters last year haha.

3 minutes ago, Tempest2012 said:

I reckon they`re big enough for the Pyramid.

Because some members that nobody really cares about rejoined? You do know they subbed the Other stage in 2013. I know Pumpkins fans think this lineup is a bigger deal, but it's not that much bigger. To be honest, I'm not sure it warrants a different slot at all. They're not going to close the Pyramid.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Because some members that nobody really cares about rejoined? You do know they subbed the Other stage in 2013. I know Pumpkins fans think this lineup is a bigger deal, but it's not that much bigger. To be honest, I'm not sure it warrants a different slot at all. They're not going to close the Pyramid.

I`m not really a huge Pumpkins fan however you cant deny they have a huge back catalogue of very good songs.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The sub who got the longer slot than the headliner, and proceeded to overrun and shorten the headliner to just under an hour. Your team lost - get over it!

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Nah don't get me wrong, I don't think they'll headline the Pyramid. Just addressing some facts about the Trumpkins.

It was a weird booking. I know lots of people say that they were the real headliner of Other that night, the slltst only swapped because the xx needed the dark, but that seemed like bollocks at the time. I wasn't at the festival, but watching on the telly it felt like headliners were definitely the last band that played.

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm sure they do, but they were subbing Other in 2013. Their back catalogue hasn't improved since then. It's a huge jump to the top slot.

Cant comment on their 2013 appearance as i`ve never seen it. I do however think they could pull off the Pyramid slot. As others have said though, it wont happen.

Only mentioning it due to the media attention i`ve seen since they have got back together.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was a weird booking. I know lots of people say that they were the real headliner of Other that night, the slltst only swapped because the xx needed the dark, but that seemed like bollocks at the time. I wasn't at the festival, but watching on the telly it felt like headliners were definitely the last band that played.

Yeah it doesn't really matter at Glastonbury because they don't need to market the acts in any sorta way, they just stick them on the poster and have done with it. I thought you were baiting those peeps like you have done in the past so I was just playing up to it. :P 

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah it doesn't really matter at Glastonbury because they don't need to market the acts in any sorta way, they just stick them on the poster and have done with it. I thought you were baiting those peeps like you have done in the past so I was just playing up to it. :P 

Baiting? I'm shocked and offended at the suggestion. Robust debate, that's all I'm interested in.

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm sure they do, but they were subbing Other in 2013. Their back catalogue hasn't improved since then. It's a huge jump to the top slot.

I tried to make this point a while back and got shouted down. I could see them maybe headlining Other but jumping to headline Pyramid seems mad in 5 years with, as you say, just a different line-up. Would love them to be there though. They surprised us last time so you never know...

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Let me tell you that non-existent Billy Corgan & The Lads are a v good band, and the only reason they wouldn't be booked to headline is that the festival has failed to cultivate lineups which attract a discerning audience and shown absolutely no interest at all in combatting the ill-efects of chemtrails on festival attendees.

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Worthy Farm; home to the world's only triangle.

We will see wont we, the video is focused on it for about 30 seconds, i wouldnt put it past them to put a little clue in one of their videos. Im probably reading into it to much tbh.

I know it's dangerous taking Michael's comments as gospel, but I'd be surprised if he mentioned 2/3 of the bands haven't headlined before and we end up with not only three repeat headliners, but The Cure and AM have a staggering 5 headline slots between then already. 

It's all just speculation until something more concrete comes through but i expect the final headliner to be a newcomer. I'm sure they wouldn't turn down AM if they had the chance because they're a big safe bet, but I have to think they would try for something fresh first.