2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I don't thinks he'll make an announcement on Zoe Ball's show, but I think we could have one before then. I'm predicted we get Macca announced at the end of the month. Mainly because it's my birthday...

Don't be saying things like that, that would be mint

So the evidence for Kendrick is someone seemingly random said 'na na na na na na na', then Pink was announced, then they said 'Damn'? Could the na na na have been a lucky guess, or even not referring to Pink at all? And that was for a festival that has apparently moved its date for 1 headliner who is playing somewhere else? Still sounds like lots of ifs and maybes to me, no?

1 minute ago, Little Andy said:

So the evidence for Kendrick is someone seemingly random said 'na na na na na na na', then Pink was announced, then they said 'Damn'? Could the na na na have been a lucky guess, or even not referring to Pink at all? And that was for a festival that has apparently moved its date for 1 headliner who is playing somewhere else? Still sounds like lots of ifs and maybes to me, no?

bitch don't kill our vibe

I'm thinking we're all getting a bit overexcited about announcements.  Although there is clearly no pattern, wasn't 2017's Radiohead announcement quite noticeably early by normal standards?  With the fallow year I reckon it's been such a gap that now T-Day's been and gone we're all in the mindset that everything's about to kick off.

I'm going out on a limb and saying we're not going to see any headliner announcements before Christmas...

Kendrick would be a cool booking for the festival for sure. One of the better ones they could make. I love him on record but I’ve seen him live twice now and feel like that’s enough, especially as he plays very little off TPAB. I’d probably go see him but it wouldn’t take much to drag me away

3 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

The Sun also started the Macca news and explained they were in advanced talks with Kendrick also.

12 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

There's a post in the Rock Werchter thread saying there's talk of Kendrick Lamar playing there. Scenes when we've all ruled him out and he's the reason they've moved to Glastonbury weekend. 

can someone explain these rumors to me i don't get it

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

The Sun also started the Macca news and explained they were in advanced talks with Kendrick also.

Ah. I *think* the Sun have a (surprising) record for sometimes being right? Ok, that makes it rather more credible.

I look forward to @eFestivals take on the Kendrick rumour. And why he has been a R for a while on the rumours page.

Edited by Little Andy

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

He'd probably be doing the sunday, gives him enough time. Itd probably benefit him being switched around anyways, sleep all day, party all night. 

On reflection.. it seems we have crossed wires. I was on about Kendrick and you was on about Macca.. I think

I'll get my coat..

Ah. I *think* the Sun have a (surprising) record for sometimes being right? Ok, that makes it rather more credible.

I look forward to @eFestivals take on the Kendrick rumour. And why he has been a R for a while on the rumours page.

The S*N pardon me. Me too will be interesting to see what Neil thinks. Who knows. 

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Hold on, are you saying that The Sun mentioned Kendrick way back when Macca became a rumour? If so, why has no-one mentioned him lately, but instead prattled on solely about 1975, Gaga, Mumford's banjo, etc?

Just now, Honeybane said:

can someone explain these rumors to me i don't get it

I think:

Guy (who got a lot of stuff right with RW last year) Posts 'Na Na Na Na' as a clue for a RW headliner, Pink is then announced today.

Guy also posts 'Damn' and then RW have one more headliner to announce which could hint at Kendrick.

We're missing a Friday headliner and KL would be Sunday at RW so that fits. RW have also moved their weekend to the same weekend as G and the last time they did this was to share a headliner.

I think thats right, please correct me if Im wrong. I so want it to be Kendrick.

Hold on, are you saying that The Sun mentioned Kendrick way back when Macca became a rumour? If so, why has no-one mentioned him lately, but instead prattled on solely about 1975, Gaga, Mumford's banjo, etc?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6956185/kendrick-lamar-and-sir-paul-mccartney-glastonbury/

Probably because he hasn't announced anything.

20 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I've tried to get into him but find it utter cack. I might like him live. Having said that I'd like to see him as a Glasto headliner booking to mix it up a bit and he seems to have a good following. (And reduces the chances of me being at the Pyramid over those 3 nights which I want to avoid!) 

i doubt it. i like him on record, but he's very patchy live.

best i've seen him was in a 1k venue just after Good Kid Maad City came out, just him and a DJ.

anytime i've seen him on big outdoor stages, it's varied between average and shit.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm thinking we're all getting a bit overexcited about announcements.  Although there is clearly no pattern, wasn't 2017's Radiohead announcement quite noticeably early by normal standards?  With the fallow year I reckon it's been such a gap that now T-Day's been and gone we're all in the mindset that everything's about to kick off.

I'm going out on a limb and saying we're not going to see any headliner announcements before Christmas...

Yeah. All this “let’s listen to Zoe Ball on the off-chance there’s an announcement” stuff is eerily reminiscent of when the whole of efestivals tuned into a Jo Whiley interview with Madonna and they ended up mostly discussing gardening.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Divein said:

I think:

Guy (who got a lot of stuff right with RW last year) Posts 'Na Na Na Na' as a clue for a RW headliner, Pink is then announced today.

Guy also posts 'Damn' and then RW have one more headliner to announce which could hint at Kendrick.

We're missing a Friday headliner and KL would be Sunday at RW so that fits. RW have also moved their weekend to the same weekend as G and the last time they did this was to share a headliner.

I think thats right, please correct me if Im wrong. I so want it to be Kendrick.

Main doubt remaining is it’d mean only one of RW’s four main headliners could possibly be considered ‘rock’, and none of them are meat and potatoes and/or heavy.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, Divein said:

I think:

So the guy got 'a lot' right last year? I thought someone posted here a quote from eFestivals saying he was a random guy who knows nothing? Or was that someone else?