2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 hours ago, RaphPH said:

I'd love it to be Macca,

But Stormzy, Macca and The Cure? 6 out of 6 male headliners two festivals in a row? Glasto is too "woke" (zzz) for that surely?

Stormzy - has he even sold out the O2 yet? Seems premature. The Cure is a good shout. I would have said Metallica based on their schedule but it seems too soon. Lars absolutely loves Glasto though and was there last year filming Bradley Cooper for A Star Is Born.

Eagles seems up Eavis' street - Billy Joel ruled out as Wembley is only UK performance. I hope Stormzy headlines Sunday night if it's him - so I can drive home early.  

Stormzy isn't headlining.....and Kendrick won't be either. 1 it's a 3rd year and too Glasto won't pay what he wants and by all accounts, Reading wasn't all that.

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Holy shit. It's the same person who hinted at P!nk playing there, and Rock Werchter have a live video on FB scheduled for tomorrow evening, which is probably them announcing her when she announces her tour tomorrow.

Apparently he was right around ten times last year too, about acts and the new stage they had last year. Could be a goer. Says he'll be announced either on Friday or next week, so we'll know soon if it's right or not.

Kendrick / Macca / The Cure. Wow.

So RW will be:

Fri - Cure / Sat - Mumford / Sun - Kendrick

Glastonbury:

Fri - Kendrick / Sat - Cure / Sun - Macca (I can’t see Macca doing Sat night)

Or Cure don’t play at all and Kendrick moves to Sat with 1975 on Friday? 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m now wondering if there’s the possibility of an unofficial co-headline thing going on... Kenny only plays short sets so they also ask the 1975 to do a longer than usual set for a sub beforehand...

Hmmm that's probably a good shout, who else could do the longer set if 1975 do R&L? Would QOTSA still be around?

Edited by Mattymooz

Stormzy laying into Noely G on Insta because he knows that hip-hop top two is coming so soon.

Already happened.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Ah right, in that case the Country Winston threat is still alive. To be fair, Mumfords, Kendrick and The Cure sounds good for the resale so I'm all for it.

Another thing I’ve started thinking about Macca is that the Arroyo Seco weekend is probably due to be Glasto weekend, which is kind of an oldies’ fest in Pasadena run booked by the guy who books Coachella and one-time Desert Trip. It might not be Glastonbury weekend but I think there’s a strong likelihood of Macca there bc of the Phoenix date.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m now wondering if there’s the possibility of an unofficial co-headline thing going on... Kenny only plays short sets so they also ask the 1975 to do a longer than usual set for a sub beforehand...

What he does at most festivals is books a 90 minute set and skips out early. I’m sure he’d do that here rather than any coheadlining guff.

20 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

So RW will be:

Fri - Cure / Sat - Mumford / Sun - Kendrick

Glastonbury:

Fri - Kendrick / Sat - Cure / Sun - Macca (I can’t see Macca doing Sat night)

Or Cure don’t play at all and Kendrick moves to Sat with 1975 on Friday? 

Werchter is Thu-sun and they often have co-headliners so he could play any day that he isn't at Glasto.

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Not much point when at the moment the only changes is going from this:

image.png.df4a2fa042c2df11b5f9f9dcf25871e9.png

To this:

image.png.6360070842c63e17446f4a47591ddd24.png

And even then the subs and thirds could probably have still worked the other way round too

From Lana Del Rey to the finest Lana Del Rey tribute act 'Lana Del Ray'. Glastonbury is not what it used to be.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Already happened.

That Pharrell set never happened.

33 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

Is it common for glasto and werchter to share 1-2 headliners?

In 2003 all three Glasto headliners headlined Rock Werchter. They won't have any bearing on each other - if three headline acts are around at the time and suitable for each festival I see no reason why they wouldn't share them all. Obviously due to all the other festivals those acts could play and the slightly different approaches to booking headliners between the two festivals you don't tend to end up with more than one playing both in any given year.

9 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

The liquidity in the market on SkyBet must be absolutely abysmal. All it took is a couple of hours of chat about Kendrick and I assume a few people from here betting on him for his odds to shorten all the way down to 3.75.

Max stake of £5, too. I got excited and put £20 (which was the max stake) on at 11/2 when the talk started tonight.

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I'd be pretty happy for Macca to not be there and for the rumours to end up being for 2020 instead. Don't really want three nights at the Pyramid and I ain't tryna miss The Cure or Kendrick.

Give us Kendrick / Lady Gaga / The Cure with MBV/NIN elsewhere on the Gaga night and I'm happier.

miss the cure you mug

In 2003 all three Glasto headliners headlined Rock Werchter. They won't have any bearing on each other - if three headline acts are around at the time and suitable for each festival I see no reason why they wouldn't share them all. Obviously due to all the other festivals those acts could play and the slightly different approaches to booking headliners between the two festivals you don't tend to end up with more than one playing both in any given year.

Max stake of £5, too. I got excited and put £20 (which was the max stake) on at 11/2 when the talk started tonight.

oh

15 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

10+ pages of emojis and the same old tired debate about Arctic Monkeys and then King Kenny pops himself right back into the picture and nobody can be arsed to comment, nice 

Eh. Today's debate was a pretty fun day off from debating whether Lady Gaga/Stormzy/Mumfords/The 1975 are big enough but yeah let's go back to that tomorrow.

This is whats in my brain... if you've got Macca and the Cure nailed on.... 

Mumford, or AM as the third? No way. Not happening.  That makes 3/3 returning headliners? Nope. The 1975 arent there yet, and all 3 of these are the furthest from "diverse" a lineup can get. (Unless you count foos, ed, and radiohead)

They've gotta give us Kendrick, or Gaga, or something new. HAVE TO. 

I'm getting excited. 

• Upvote 1