2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

55 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Imagine trying to convince someone you have broad taste in music by listing a load of drive time radio friendly MOR stuff.

I know this is needlessly confrontational for that I apologise but I literally laughed out loud when I read this.

Damn I thought 'like's weren't as valuable as upvotes. Seems I'm skint today now sorry

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Plus you can see exactly the point I was making - that you can't pigeon hole someone's music taste because they really like one particular band.

I believe the point he was making was that loving the Polar Primates doesn't speak to broad listening habits admittedly yours seem more Steve Wright in the afternoon than Steve Lamacq's Indie Nightmare but still.

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I believe the point he was making was that loving the Polar Primates doesn't speak to broad listening habits admittedly yours seem more Steve Wright in the afternoon than Steve Lamacq's Indie Nightmare but still.

Never listened to either of them in my entire life if I'm honest! 

The point he was trying to make was a hugely pretentious one, but oh well. No harm done!

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

There's a post in the Rock Werchter thread saying there's talk of Kendrick Lamar playing there. Scenes when we've all ruled him out and he's the reason they've moved to Glastonbury weekend. 

Holy shit. It's the same person who hinted at P!nk playing there, and Rock Werchter have a live video on FB scheduled for tomorrow evening, which is probably them announcing her when she announces her tour tomorrow.

Apparently he was right around ten times last year too, about acts and the new stage they had last year. Could be a goer. Says he'll be announced either on Friday or next week, so we'll know soon if it's right or not.

Kendrick / Macca / The Cure. Wow.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

4 hours ago, mufcok said:

Hasn't worked for who exactly? I keep reading that their 2 headline performances were garbage on here yet as a big fan, I thought they came off well on the TV in 2007 and when I saw the 2nd one live in 2013 I thought they were excellent, granted Turner seemed a bit worse for wear in 2013

As a worse for wear Yorkshireman I’d rather watch Sir Geoffrey Boycott reciting Chaucer than watch Turner fuck it up again.

Plus Geoff would tell all those flags to fuck off.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Same article that mentioned Paul McCartney wasn't it? All this discussion when we've known all along.

Yeah, it just said he's the bookies favourite, thought. It said Kendrick is thought to be in advanced talks, they're chasing Madonna, and Macca is the bookies favourites.

I remember talking about it when their article about Kylie came out and we were discussing their merit on Glasto leaks. I said at the time that if the article wasn't bullshit you'd probably expect Kendrick to end up playing but that their words on the other two were pretty non-committal, but it was a different writer to the Kylie one anyway so I stopped thinking about it.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah, it just said he's the bookies favourite, thought. It said Kendrick is thought to be in advanced talks, they're chasing Madonna, and Macca is the bookies favourites.

I remember talking about it when their article about Kylie came out and we were discussing their merit on Glasto leaks. I said at the time that if the article wasn't bullshit you'd probably expect Kendrick to end up playing but that their words on the other two were pretty non-committal, but it was a different writer to the Kylie one anyway so I stopped thinking about it.

Ah right, in that case the Country Winston threat is still alive. To be fair, Mumfords, Kendrick and The Cure sounds good for the resale so I'm all for it.

17 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Holy shit. It's the same person who hinted at P!nk playing there, and Rock Werchter have a live video on FB scheduled for tomorrow evening, which is probably them announcing her when she announces her tour tomorrow.

Apparently he was right around ten times last year too, about acts and the new stage they had last year. Could be a goer. Says he'll be announced either on Friday or next week, so we'll know soon if it's right or not.

Kendrick / Macca / The Cure. Wow.

Turns out it's 6:55am, not pm, so we'll hopefully find out his P!nk info was correct even sooner.

Werchter usually announce on Fridays so it's almost definitely someone that's announcing their own tour and including RW in it.