2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There’s a band with a new album, a relationship with the festival, have played most other festivals since their last headline slot and are headlining European festivals at the time but sure... it’s someone other than Mumford and the Sons.

Only non-ticketholders see the truth.

Such a laughing stock as Mumford and Sons will never be allowed back, Emily actually denies they ever headlined at all if asked. They're the Star Wars: A Holiday Special of Glastonbury headliners.

Just now, yosoyyoberdi said:

I know it may not be relevant to most of you as this is just one point of view.

I wasn't born or raised in the UK but I have still known every single Glasto headliner for the past 25 years. They have always been huge acts well known around the globe.

You are talking about Stormzy or The 1975 headlining, both of them I've literally never heard before in my life. It would be such a disappointment to have any of those two headlining this year. Even Mumford, band which I personally dislike, would be a better choice than a ramdon guy with one album. It may be the case that I end up loving both but I still think they are way below Glastonbury standards. 

You knew about Skunk Anansie?

2 hours ago, ConorC said:

Not getting the Stormzy shouts at all. Not even done an arena tour yet and his biggest festival slot was headlining Wireless, where BBK have also headlined. At the very most a sub, surely. He doesn't have the material to do a 90+ min slot at the moment unless he delves right back into his mixtape days.

Seen a few people mentioning Lana Del Rey over the last few pages, has there been info to suggest she'll be there?

No info but she's playing in Ireland the week before. Puts her firmly in the frame to appear.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

I don't see how Stormzy could headline, or is that just me - only last year he was headlining Wireless...

Wireless have booked several headliners who are big enough to headline Glastonbury, though.

56 minutes ago, billum said:

That would be very welcome - but isn't he more likely to turn up in the legends' slot in a year or two?

(Prob Elton next year by all accounts, so maybe 2021 if he's still performing, and he may well be)

Sometimes I feel I've got completely skewed judgement of size of artists ... Elton would surely headline, not play the Legends' slot. No?

I'd be there too.

47 minutes ago, Cockney_Jesus said:

They were absolutely cracking when they last headlined. Really tight live band. Arctic Monkeys are dire as fuck live and people don’t complain about them.

Utter bollox. 

Did Mumford play that one with the banjo about hearts?

Edited by Stokesy10

50 minutes ago, Cockney_Jesus said:

They were absolutely cracking when they last headlined. Really tight live band. Arctic Monkeys are dire as fuck live and people don’t complain about them.

That's the best thing about music though isn't it, opinions? It would be pretty boring if we all just liked exactly the same stuff.. 

I'm flying 11 hours on Thursday to watch AM in America. If Mumford were playing outside my house, I'd pull the curtains on. Opinions...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Arctic Monkeys are pretty lacklustre as a live band, but to put them on the same footing as Mumfords is unduly harsh.

Seen AM roughly 10 times and the vast majority have been excellent live performances. Very tight and technically brilliant. The odd one or two has been lacklustre. They're one of the best live bands going.

Edited by Stokesy10

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Arctic Monkeys are pretty lacklustre as a live band, but to put them on the same footing as Mumfords is unduly harsh.

Arctic Monkeys have got a handful of OK songs but a live reputation roughly equivalent to Dumpy's Rusty Nuts.

Could it be that despite not cutting it on record that Mumfords actually perform with some enthusiasm?

8 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Seen AM roughly 10 times and the vast majority have been excellent live performances. Very tight and technically brilliant. The odd one or two has been lacklustre. They're one of the best live bands going.

I am a fan but I think, when performing live, they can come up a wee bit short.  Cornerstone is for example a beautiful song but the arrangement is in Coldplay territory.  Still hoping for AM of course.

Edited by Johndenis
Clarification

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Arctic Monkeys have got a handful of OK songs but a live reputation roughly equivalent to Dumpy's Rusty Nuts.

Could it be that despite not cutting it on record that Mumfords actually perform with some enthusiasm?

Stopped reading from then ?

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not sure where this reputation is you speak of, have they not won awards literally due to their live performances? I've only ever really seen it criticised by a handful on here. Each to their own of course! But they're a class live band, and they've stepped up a notch with the recent gigs. Sunday in B'ham Arena was tremendous - one of the best crowd responses I've seen from their shows.

• Upvote 1