2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

30 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

I don't get the Mumford hate on this forum personally. Really good live and a feel good band.. 3 solid albums.. most recent being a departure from the first two. Can someone explain it for me?

They were absolutely cracking when they last headlined. Really tight live band. Arctic Monkeys are dire as fuck live and people don’t complain about them.

6 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I didn't realise Gaga was involved in music for the film. Ok, that maybe makes her relevant again then. Do we have reason to rumour her though?

Nothing specific I don’t think, but she does have a break from her Vegas residency then, and the movie, and specifically Bradley Cooper, obviously have links with Glastonbury. Could happen...

2 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Why so sure? Do you know her banjo salesman?

I don't need to know any salespeople, this is just a fact I know about. It's a truth which is self evident, if any reasonable person takes the time to think on the matter then they can reach only this conclusion.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Lol. Sod the list I've been trying to do. It's gonna be The 1975 isn't it!:o

There’s a band with a new album, a relationship with the festival, have played most other festivals since their last headline slot and are headlining European festivals at the time but sure... it’s someone other than Mumford and the Sons.

Only non-ticketholders see the truth.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There’s a band with a new album, a relationship with the festival, have played most other festivals since their last headline slot and are headlining European festivals at the time but sure... it’s someone other than Mumford and the Sons.

Only non-ticketholders see the truth.

Your right, I can’t see it. Break the ice. Tell us!!!

8 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Oh, I get it! ... GLAstonDurY GlAstonbury GlAstonbury

I can imagine the conversation in 1969

Festival Asst: why are we calling it Glastonbury, it’s not even in Glastonbury.

Michael: I have seen the future, and in the future there will an artist called Lady GaGa, by calling it Glastonbury we will be able to announce her headlining the festival by a tortuous code involving using the festival name three times.

I know it may not be relevant to most of you as this is just one point of view.

I wasn't born or raised in the UK but I have still known every single Glasto headliner for the past 25 years. They have always been huge acts well known around the globe.

You are talking about Stormzy or The 1975 headlining, both of them I've literally never heard before in my life. It would be such a disappointment to have any of those two headlining this year. Even Mumford, band which I personally dislike, would be a better choice than a ramdon guy with one album. It may be the case that I end up loving both but I still think they are way below Glastonbury standards.