2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I thought Arcade Fire was a great booking a few years back and would love to see them return to headline.

To me they are one of those bands that fit the bill of what a Glastonbury headliner used to be. Slightly alternative, leftfeild, not massively popular but highly acclaimed with a cult-ish following yet can still sell out arenas. It was a hark back to to the pre-Jay Z days.

The Cure would also fit into this mould, which is why I would love to see them back too.

Edited by beau1
Additional point

3 hours ago, McCor said:

Just get Dr. Pepper's Jaded Hearts Club Band on it

I think Macca's played with them before so based solely on that we can assume they're going to be his backing band for the occasion. At the very least we'll get Bellamy swanning around for a guest appearance duet of Helter Skelter or something stupid like that.

A friend of mine who works for a booking agency says it's 100% The Cure (Friday), Stormzy (Saturday) and Paul McCartney (Sunday) and is willing to bet money on it. Dull headliners in my opinion for a number of reasons. Watched The Cure headline Leeds a few years ago... Great set but they're simply not as relevant in 2019 despite their cult following. I like Stormzy but with one album he's not got enough material to headline the biggest festival in the world. Skepta would deserve the slot more if they're going down the grime route (however I don't believe that would happen). Subbing Kendrick makes much more sense. Can't really argue with Macca, not to my taste though. These names seem to align with all the suggestions on here but hopefully he's wrong.

1 minute ago, Col!n said:

A friend of mine who works for a booking agency says it's 100% The Cure (Friday), Stormzy (Saturday) and Paul McCartney (Sunday) and is willing to bet money on it. Dull headliners in my opinion for a number of reasons. Watched The Cure headline Leeds a few years ago... Great set but they're simply not as relevant in 2019 despite their cult following. I like Stormzy but with one album he's not got enough material to headline the biggest festival in the world. Skepta would deserve the slot more if they're going down the grime route (however I don't believe that would happen). Subbing Kendrick makes much more sense. Can't really argue with Macca, not to my taste though. These names seem to align with all the suggestions on here but hopefully he's wrong.

The Cure are playing Rock Werchter that night ...

34 minutes ago, Col!n said:

Stormzy (Saturday)... I like Stormzy but with one album he's not got enough material to headline the biggest festival in the world.

His 2018 BRIT Awards performance was a weather conditions audition secretly arranged by the Eavii.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time..."

A bloody Beatle and a band that have stood the test of time over 40 years (probably) headlining and people still throw the word 'weak' around.

Edited by jyoung
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time..."

A bloody Beatle and a band that have stood the test of time over 40 years (probably) headlining and people still throw the word 'weak' around.

Beatles never bothered me, there were artists and bands I like more from that era. The cure are quite boring a bit of a two hit wonder for me. Music is subjective it is what it is for me. I have no doubt west holts and the other stage will have people that I will really want to see they always do.

Id have just liked to see one set there but there's always next time.

Edited by Xeph1995

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

Beatles never bothered me, there were artists and bands I like more from that era. The cure are quite boring to me, a bit of a two hit wonder for me. Music is subjective it is what it is for me. I have no doubt west holts and the other stage will have people that I will really want to see they always do.

What two Cure hits do you know?

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it's them 3, obviously the days would need to be switched

Emily has been on record saying that Stormzy can headline in the future. Yes it's a bit soon after 2017 but he works as a differential third headliner and I imagine he attracts quite a young fanbase, certainly a younger fanbase than Macca/The Cure anyway. 

I can't see Gaga doing it personally, maybe the 1975 but as a trio, Stormzy is a better fit in my opinion