2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Someone may have requested odds on The Killers, and if someone requests it on a market that could have inside info they would not have a big price.

it's this. Request someone vaguely credible and they'll have short enough odds. Whether the bookies decide to actually put them on the website is another matter, but bookies are about parting punters from their cash, so if they're added, then it's because SkyBet or whoever think there's profit to be made.

Odds don't reflect liklihood. there's been plenty of odds in the past years for acts that are playing Thurs+Friday+Sunday+Monday in the US, or whatever...

25 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

My bad, the word 'fan' was missing with website. But it still holds with all the touring and release dates he had correct earlier this year. And indeed, wasn't too sure about them headlining GF again.

Oh I'm defo not saying you're wrong and tbh Arctics doing Friday for a 3rd time wasn't sitting properly with me.

If they are in for 2020 then they'll need a new album as no new tour dates into 2019 yet although they can have a break over the Xmas period. If they have a new album to tour randomly then I'd agree 2020 but this one only came out May this year.

Remember when the BBC announced Green Day and Ed Sheeran then retracted the claims saying it wasn't based on anything. What if A. They were actually booked for 2019 or B. They pulled out. Its the 25th anniversary of Dookie and Tre Cool released a hint they will be touring it. They fit somebody whom hasn't headlined before and would be someone who people have hardly discussed. I thought it wouldn't happen but there is as much chance a some of the others we have discussed. 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Remember when the BBC announced Green Day and Ed Sheeran then retracted the claims saying it wasn't based on anything. What if A. They were actually booked for 2019 or B. They pulled out. Its the 25th anniversary of Dookie and Tre Cool released a hint they will be touring it. They fit somebody whom hasn't headlined before and would be someone who people have hardly discussed. I thought it wouldn't happen but there is as much chance a some of the others we have discussed. 

You are over-thinking it.

It was just a staff desk writer who thought it was fact when it was rumour. They didn't announce it, it was just written at the start of an article on Glasto.

Edited by briddj

26 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I think Macca and Cure are definite but the final one will be a surprise and somebody we haven't even contemplated.

Agreed.

I guess that one will be the last announcement too. I don’t think it will be a male act either. 

If Swift and Gaga are being talked about then Ariane Grande is a possible?

Edited by kevbizarre

1 minute ago, kevbizarre said:

Agreed.

I guess that one will be the last announcement too. I don’t think it will be a male act either. 

If Swift and Gaga are being talked about then Ariane Grande is a possible?

I can assure you that word font will not be headlining Glastonbury 2019?

• Upvote 1

It's an odd one with AM, I'd convinced myself they were 1 of the 2 who have requested to headline 2020 but that's a long way off from now and the new album will have been toured to death by then.

I guess they could drop a new tune or 2 in the lead up to it

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

It's an odd one with AM, I'd convinced myself they were 1 of the 2 who have requested to headline 2020 but that's a long way off from now and the new album will have been toured to death by then.

I guess they could drop a new tune or 2 in the lead up to it

If they’re cutting the tour early, I would think it’s to work on a new album. They’re rumoured to be releasing a new album next year even.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it's this. Request someone vaguely credible and they'll have short enough odds. Whether the bookies decide to actually put them on the website is another matter, but bookies are about parting punters from their cash, so if they're added, then it's because SkyBet or whoever think there's profit to be made.

Odds don't reflect liklihood. there's been plenty of odds in the past years for acts that are playing Thurs+Friday+Sunday+Monday in the US, or whatever...

Agree they are still quoting Fleetwood Mac as 1/2 even though ruled out and stormzy same to protect themselves just in case .

1975 come right in obviously based on rumours and people lumping on them 

31 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

If Gaga is considered, would Justin Timberlake be a weird shout? 

(Almost didn't dare to ask the question...)

I thought it was nailed on to happen at some point - he’s brilliant live and would’ve won over a lot of people - until his latest album was mostly beyond embarrassing and deservedly bombed. I’d love it but he had to pull half of his most recent UK tour due to abysmal ticket sales earlier this year, so I’m not so sure his moment hasn’t passed now.

He’s in the ‘would pull a hefty crowd but should’ve been booked five years ago if it was ever going to happen’ boat along with Rihanna and, until ASIB came out, Gaga. Although they booked Kanye when he was firmly within that category so idk if it’s something that would prevent them from booking JT if the opportunity arose.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I thought it was nailed on to happen at some point until his latest album was mostly shocking and deservedly bombed. I’d love it but he had to pull half of his most recent UK tour due to abysmal ticket sales earlier this year, so I’m not so sure his moment hasn’t passed now. He’s pretty much in the same boat as Rihanna except she’s renowned for being terrible live.

Don't reckon Rihanna's moment has passed. Timberlake's probably hasn't either, really, but he's never really entered the conversation for Glastonbury headliners even when touring so don't really have anything to measure his current appeal against.