2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Muse did it in 2016 so won’t be them. The 1975 and Mumford are both possible although for The 1975 it looks like they’d be doubling up with headlining Reading too, which would be unusual to say the least. From what Neil’s said on here there’s only one slot left open, if it was one of those three I’d think Mumford the most likely for the reasons above, although I think Gaga.

Have R&L ever had the same headliner as Glastonbury? Can’t recall any so then yes your Mumford call looks most likely (sadly) so I really hope it’s Gaga or someone else 

4 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Arctic Monkeys are officially out. He says it’s not Glastonbury then says the guy is legit. Done.

6D8007E4-7E9F-4C56-8454-56F664000BDC.png

Just wondering why this concrete proof?, is that person connected?

The same guy saying about a special UK show say a there is nothing scheduled in for the UK. He just seems like some unnoficial person....which he actually is that may or may not be correct.

Edited by thewayiam

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Are they even touring? I’ve got a Brandon Flowers solo set in my stage predictions so I hope not ? 

Only one show in Vegas in January. Only way I can see it is if it was the whole "do a secret set for us and you can headline next time" but I just don't see how it makes sense. Surely everyone who wanted to see them saw them then? But suddenly appearing at quite short odds seems to suggest something.

9 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Have R&L ever had the same headliner as Glastonbury? Can’t recall any so then yes your Mumford call looks most likely (sadly) so I really hope it’s Gaga or someone else 

No I don’t think they have. Not in the modern era anyway. Reading headliners have played below headliner at Glastonbury in the same year but even that’s very rare, not sure who was the last to do it before The Foals in ‘16.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

He runs the US Arctic Monkeys website and has been very accurate about info in the past. So yes, he seems to be credible. 

No he doesn't, he runs an unofficial Arctic Monkeys US links, he doesn't even state it's official. 

I'm just saying I'm seeing for it to be concrete but them playing Friday again did make me question it all....I couldn't call it now.

10 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Don’t read too much into bookies odds. They are extremely small markets and a small flutter by one or two people is enough to make someone shorten in price dramatically.

See the other day, when a few folk on here put tenners on the 1975 and they went from 7-1 to something like 1-3

I agree that the markets change dramatically based on bets, but

1) 1975 never went as low as 1/3, pretty sure lowest they went is where they are currently at 11/10, which makes sense based on how many people here bet on them, and

2) It wasn't like The Killers odds suddenly dramatically dropped after a few bets, they weren't there at all as far I'm aware and then have suddenly appeared at pretty short odds of 11/4. They're currently sixth favourite according to their odds, which is an odd place to just suddenly appear.

5 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

I agree that the markets change dramatically based on bets, but

1) 1975 never went as low as 1/3, pretty sure lowest they went is where they are currently at 11/10, which makes sense based on how many people here bet on them, and

2) It wasn't like The Killers odds suddenly dramatically dropped after a few bets, they weren't there at all as far I'm aware and then have suddenly appeared at pretty short odds of 11/4. They're currently sixth favourite according to their odds, which is an odd place to just suddenly appear.

The 1975 went to 1.72 when I looked, which is 8/11. Definitely went odds on, but not heavily.

Someone may have requested odds on The Killers, and if someone requests it on a market that could have inside info they would not have a big price.

Edited by briddj

What are some on about. The Cure are massive and after selling out Malahide Castle and BST you cannot doubt the credentials. They have a back catalogue that goes back a long way and will be great to be billed by the BBC as the return after so many years like they did with Radiohead showing clips of the other slots.

I personally think they would smash it. Robert Smiths voice sounds as it was recorded and I cannot wait to watch them in the field. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm not a Killers fan but that set was fantastic. The lead up beforehand was too... I ended up about 8 rows from the front with minimal effort, crazy when you see the videos outside the tent. Here's another view of inside... 

That one is about 8 foot away from where I was stood. You can see the girl on someone's shoulders in front of me. I had a great view of her back throughout the song. 

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No he doesn't, he runs an unofficial Arctic Monkeys US links, he doesn't even state it's official. 

I'm just saying I'm seeing for it to be concrete but them playing Friday again did make me question it all....I couldn't call it now.

He was the one with the initial info that people jumped on (The iconic June Festival).  He has now said it’s not Glastonbury.  

People were happy enough to believe the first part so why not the second? I’d say they’re 1 of the bands that have requested to do 2020.

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

The 1975 went to 1.72 when I looked, which is 8/11. Definitely went odds on, but not heavily.

Someone may have requested odds on The Killers, and if someone requests it on a market that could have inside info they would not have a big price.

Ah, my bad about 1975 odds. And that's true, although I'd be surprised if they're taking requests on something like Glastonbury as they usually save that for specific markets, but definitely a possibility that makes sense. I just can't see them headlining as their 17 set left things perfectly, so them suddenly being there at those odds was a bit of a shocker.

5 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

Ah, my bad about 1975 odds. And that's true, although I'd be surprised if they're taking requests on something like Glastonbury as they usually save that for specific markets, but definitely a possibility that makes sense. I just can't see them headlining as their 17 set left things perfectly, so them suddenly being there at those odds was a bit of a shocker.

Neither can I.

48 minutes ago, Crossfit Jesus said:

The Killers have suddenly appeared on the SkyBet odds at 11/4, can't even recall them being there at all before, even at 50/1... Surely not?

Wasn't there was a thread on here just after 2017 saying they were going to headline and it's why they'd agreed that set?

Edited by vintagelaureate

57 minutes ago, sisco said:

He was the one with the initial info that people jumped on (The iconic June Festival).  He has now said it’s not Glastonbury.  

People were happy enough to believe the first part so why not the second? I’d say they’re 1 of the bands that have requested to do 2020.

I think it looks more unlikely for both. It is a bit strange mind which I didn't see that they have No upcoming dates after this month and going into 2019.

1 hour ago, kevbizarre said:

So I didn’t realise 1975,  Muse and Mumford have all got albums out towards the end of this year, so will all be touring next summer?

I really hope it’s none of them but it’s likely to be at least one?

Muse surely must be one of the acts that wanna play the 50th, so I reckon they'll hold off this year and then do a Killers-esque secret set on one of the stages in 2020

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

My bad, the word 'fan' was missing with website. But it still holds with all the touring and release dates he had correct earlier this year. And indeed, wasn't too sure about them headlining GF again.

Edited by StupidDream
Spelling