2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Holy shit.

I'm not a Killers fan but that set was fantastic. The lead up beforehand was too... I ended up about 8 rows from the front with minimal effort, crazy when you see the videos outside the tent. Here's another view of inside... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sisco said:

It was absolutely phenomenal in there.  Being a massive Killers fan anyway, to see them at my favourite place and have that atmosphere! Will never ever forget it. 

I was about 7 people back and that singing was the loudest noise I've heard human voices generate it was mental!

I wish I was a bigger Killers fan as although I enjoyed the set, belting out Mr Brightside in that crowd was just that for me - belting out Mr Brightside, for the thousandth time. Would love a similar secret set next year from somebody I'm more bothered about, but after having such a big act in 2017 I fear it'd already reach Park-level overcrowding issues with everybody expecting a headliner sized surprise act and getting there mega early.

As for Arctic Monkeys being out, good! The headliner options just got a whole lot less boring.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

So no AM. I was convinced they were one.

If I was predicting now....

Fri - The Cure 

Sat - Lady Gaga or Stormzy

Sunday - Paul McCartney & Band the Beatles could have been

The Cure is in Belgium on the Friday. But otherwise good prediction. 

EDIT: Although most of us think Stormzy is more likely to be a sub. And Gaga is up for debate whether she would be likely to headline in the UK, for a good deal of people the recent film reminded them of her excistence. Plus some of the health issues.

Edited by StupidDream

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

K so I just saw A star is born, and have renewed love for Gaga. I think she well deserves a headline spot and hope we get it this year. 

Macca, Gaga, The Cure, cmon!

Same. Saw it yesterday and spent the entire film thinking, oh go on then Glastonbury. She deserves it. Would definitely be there for a little Bradley Cooper set on the Park as well.

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Same. Saw it yesterday and spent the entire film thinking, oh go on then Glastonbury. She deserves it. Would definitely be there for a little Bradley Cooper set on the Park as well.

And then he pulls her on stage or she pulls him on stage. I was shocked by how amazing his voice was. Before the movie I wouldnt have given a set by him a second thought, but now I'll be bothered if he clashes with someone I want to see. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not that it matters at all but The Cure playing the Saturday/Sunday seems weird to me, but maybe only because those slots have been taken up by huge mega stars the past few years. Would be weird to see the Pyramid field half empty on either of those days at headliner time.

That is the reason why I put them for Friday... but that has been shot down!

Im failing to see them as headliners tbh, it's just that the info is there.

There doesn't seem to be too many options this year.

Stormzy, Gaga, The Cure, Macca, The 1975 & Taylor Swift. Im pretty confident it will be 3 of those 6. Im pretty confident 1 will be McCartney too.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

6 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

So I didn’t realise 1975,  Muse and Mumford have all got albums out towards the end of this year, so will all be touring next summer?

I really hope it’s none of them but it’s likely to be at least one?

The 1975 are the most likely out of all of those with Neil having info that they've had an offer. The other two aren't options at all imo, although could appear in a secret set capacity I suppose.

Edited by FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

So I didn’t realise 1975,  Muse and Mumford have all got albums out towards the end of this year, so will all be touring next summer?

I really hope it’s none of them but it’s likely to be at least one?

Muse did it in 2016 so won’t be them. The 1975 and Mumford are both possible although for The 1975 it looks like they’d be doubling up with headlining Reading too, which would be unusual to say the least. From what Neil’s said on here there’s only one slot left open, if it was one of those three I’d think Mumford the most likely for the reasons above, although I think Gaga.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not that it matters at all but The Cure playing the Saturday/Sunday seems weird to me, but maybe only because those slots have been taken up by huge mega stars the past few years. Would be weird to see the Pyramid field half empty on either of those days at headliner time.

I agree. Even though we've had the 'tallicans doing the sat it still looks a bad fit if The Cure are a sat or sun headliner. I wouldn't be surprised to not see them on the bill now. 

Edited by Fingerbobs

Just now, Fingerbobs said:

I agree. Even though we've had the 'tallicans doing the sat it still looks a bad fit if The Cure are a sat or sun headliner. I wouldn't be surprised to not see them in the bill now.

Thing with Metallica is, they have a huge  worldwide following & are much bigger than the Cure.

It was something different too. First metal act to play - so it was more of an event. So I understood that.