2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, Respectfatfrog said:

Become a biffy fan after this set. Knew a couple of thier songs before but this was one of perfect settings set sun, freinds good music. Will hold biffy up there since then 

The it's a shame their stature had dies a bit as ideally their set would have closed with a few more songs over Ed....his set could have been a sub set easily.

I love Biblical myself but the biggest crowd reactions I'd say are Golden Role and Bubbles.

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

You argued with me for months that Ellie Bloody Goulding would be sub too! 

Point being..... there’s always a chance

You are correct, hold my hands up and I will do so again with VW but I can't see it. I wouldn't rule out Other headliner but I'd see them as Other sub or 3rd Pyramid.

But then Stormzy, Liam and Gaga for me will sub so I can't see them there anyway. 

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The it's a shame their stature had dies a bit as ideally their set would have closed with a few more songs over Ed....his set could have been a sub set easily.

I love Biblical myself but the biggest crowd reactions I'd say are Golden Role and Bubbles.

You are correct, hold my hands up and I will do so again with VW but I can't see it. I wouldn't rule out Other headliner but I'd see them as Other sub or 3rd Pyramid.

But then Stormzy, Liam and Gaga for me will sub so I can't see them there anyway. 

Just can’t see Gaga subbing.  Still actually can’t see The 1975 headlining this time either.  Reckon they could quite easily fit in a JP set like The Killers did.

Gaga, Stormzy

The Cure, LDR/Vampire Weekend

Macca, Liam

Also think that the likes of George Ezra, Dua Lipa and Rita Ora will all get high spots Too

Just now, sisco said:

Just can’t see Gaga subbing.  Still actually can’t see The 1975 headlining this time either.  Reckon they could quite easily fit in a JP set like The Killers did.

Gaga, Stormzy

The Cure, LDR/Vampire Weekend

Macca, Liam

Also think that the likes of George Ezra, Dua Lipa and Rita Ora will all get high spots Too

That's where we are different though which is no bad thing. I'm the same vein I don't see Gaga being given headline at all, LDR is a 3rd down for me even with the rarity. Rita Ora won't be as high as either of them two imo unlesa she subs Other but 4th down or 3rd Other for me.

Just read the eFests article on Glasto headliners and I see it says that Macca is playing on Wednesday in the US so is likely to be doing the Sunday at Glasto, and I still see quite a few people on here saying he'll likely be on the Sunday. If he flies straight home from the US after that show he'll be back by Thursday night. The Cure have a show in Belgium on the Friday night. Surely Macca on the Saturday and The Cure Sunday makes more sense? Why does he need more than two whole days rest before stepping on stage again?

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just read the eFests article on Glasto headliners and I see it says that Macca is playing on Wednesday in the US so is likely to be doing the Sunday at Glasto, and I still see quite a few people on here saying he'll likely be on the Sunday. If he flies straight home from the US after that show he'll be back by Thursday night. The Cure have a show in Belgium on the Friday night. Surely Macca on the Saturday and The Cure Sunday makes more sense? Why does he need more than two whole days rest before stepping on stage again?

Because he's 76? ?

Was just reading about Blake’s comment about being at wedding across the glasto comment on the arctic monkeys us tumblr, unless it was a private conversation with the poster on here saying he’s not missing much being at the wedding on his tumblr he said he selfishly doesn’t want them there? Not necessarily  ruled out?

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Because he's 76? ?

Yeah but he's doing shows on consecutive nights on his tour (in the same city) and shows two days apart (in different cities). I don't really see why having to take a long flight back from the US means he needs three times as many days to recover once he's home. If he plays Wednesday then Saturday he's still got just under 3 days to rest his voice between shows. Like someone (I think dental) said before, he is resting his voice whilst flying back, it's not like he spends the flight home singing.

2 minutes ago, Supreme2 said:

Was just reading about Blake’s comment about being at wedding across the glasto comment on the arctic monkeys us tumblr, unless it was a private conversation with the poster on here saying he’s not missing much being at the wedding on his tumblr he said he selfishly doesn’t want them there? Not necessarily  ruled out?

Yeah the guy on here who posted it messaged him privately. It wasn't something he posted publicly.

18 minutes ago, henry bear said:

It's nonsense. She's a huge star (irrespective of how many copies her last album may, or may not have sold - don't know why some people get so hung up on this) and I'm sure they'd snap her up to headline if available. 

And.... she’s female! 

Just now, MetaKate said:

I dont think I know one song by the 1975, I've heard them mentioned on here obviously. I think maybe they havent done much internationally (I'm in canada) or I've just missed them somehow. 

It's also easy enough to live in the UK and have never heard a song by them.

But.....they seem to shift the right amount of tickets.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's also easy enough to live in the UK and have never heard a song by them.

But.....they seem to shift the right amount of tickets.

I just listened to "chocolate" 

Is this real?

I get that they might have a following.... but they surely cant be headlining? Do they put on a show or something? 

I dont get it, but hopefully Robyn will be headlining any stage at the same time.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I just listened to "chocolate" 

Is this real?

I get that they might have a following.... but they surely cant be headlining? Do they put on a show or something? 

I dont get it, but hopefully Robyn will be headlining any stage at the same time.

I'm from the UK and yeah unfortanetly its real. They are really quite terrible I don't get the appeal at all. Never a met a person that was into them and Im not that old.

Edited by Xeph1995

Mumfords standing tickets are £65.... really!? And what in the name of fuck is a "gentlemen of the road" ticket and which stupid twat pays £140 for it. 

Sometimes I'm quite glad music like this bypasses me even if it does make me feel old as fuck. 

2 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Mumfords standing tickets are £65.... really!? And what in the name of fuck is a "gentlemen of the road" ticket and which stupid twat pays £140 for it. 

Sometimes I'm quite glad music like this bypasses me even if it does make me feel old as fuck. 

Giorgio Moroder ones are the best part of £80. I really want to see him but that is an absolute killer at the minute with all other stuff I have on.