2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

No mate honestly. It was a topic that came up on the City forum I go on. Not sure how sky sports news could give their our sources understand bullshit in regards to transfer rumours. Surely that is a conflict of interests? I have no facts to back this up and only going off what was said on Bluemoon, but It does make sense.

Yeah I had a chat with some mates about this too with regards to the Villa manager speculation and odds. However:

Sky Bet is majority-owned by CVC Capital Partners, the private equity firm which used to control Formula One motor racing, and had been planning a £3bn flotation of the gaming company. CVC holds 71% of Sky Bet's shares, while Sky plc, the owner of Sky News, has a 20% stake

20% still enough to be a conflict of course so not sure how they get away with it.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Yeah I had a chat with some mates about this too with regards to the Villa manager speculation and odds. However:

Sky Bet is majority-owned by CVC Capital Partners, the private equity firm which used to control Formula One motor racing, and had been planning a £3bn flotation of the gaming company. CVC holds 71% of Sky Bet's shares, while Sky plc, the owner of Sky News, has a 20% stake

20% still enough to be a conflict of course so not sure how they get away with it.

See the Ghostdancers post mate. Seems they have sold up totally now. It was shady as fcuk though.

39 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

I just don't get the 1975 at all.  There are bands I don't like but I recognise they are good and others will love them but with the 1975 I really don't get it.  Have I missed something?  Can someone share something I should really listen to and give them another chance?

Neither do I. Just massive crowds of screaming teenage girls and their boyfriends who have taken them for brownie points.

But they are mammoth by today's standards.

Catfish are actually still able to shift tickets for arenas at the drop of a hat too, mind. They have also got a sizeable teenage girl crowd....

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Haven't really seen her mentioned at all, but is Flo and her machine out of the running completely? Number 1 album this year, (nearly) sold out arena tour and loves the festival. Too soon from 2015?

A bloody good album too! Would love a little secret set.

29 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No mate honestly. It was a topic that came up on the City forum I go on. Not sure how sky sports news could give their our sources understand bullshit in regards to transfer rumours. Surely that is a conflict of interests? I have no facts to back this up and only going off what was said on Bluemoon, but It does make sense.

Well colour me shocked, I always thought it was very shading how Sky could get away with breaking transfer rumors and then mop up on Sky Bet with people backing what they said. But it makes sense now if they no longer having anything to do with them.

I always wondered why they promoted Super 6 on Soccer Saturday but never the Sky Boost which they all feature on the adverts.

58 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

I just don't get the 1975 at all.  There are bands I don't like but I recognise they are good and others will love them but with the 1975 I really don't get it.  Have I missed something?  

You're getting old.

Embrace it.

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Point is that The 1975 could headline any UK festival they wanted (where they were wanted) next summer. Therefore, they will not headline the Other stage at Glasto.

New Order, Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack, etc  will never top the Pyramid again.

Huge difference.

The 1975 can easily finish with Reading next year although it wouldn't shock me for them to say they'll sub while doing Reading too. Take your Glasto chance when you get it though.

I'm fairly certain Gaga won't be headlining.