2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

It does feel like the market is diluted with Stormzy if someone wanted to see him they would have by now because he seems to play everywhere, thought he was great at fib but he was also at glasto that year and r+l year before plus many others. It’s a risky headliner booking but he’s also not a scarce performer like Adele or Ed sheeran 

Metallica HAVE headlined every other UK festival and were lined up for the Other! 

And they've sold a shedload more albums than  The 1975 to boot ?

That being said, the lowest slot they will have at G is subbing the Pyramid, and that's only if they're doing R/L as well. 

Still going with The 1975 headlining R/L and possibly popping up at Glastonbury in some other capacity, whether it be a secret set or Pyramid sub cause they love the place, but would be happy if they were announced as that’s one night I can be away from the Pyramid, hopefully at something amazing.

24 minutes ago, briddj said:

Point is that The 1975 could headline any UK festival they wanted (where they were wanted) next summer. Therefore, they will not headline the Other stage at Glasto.

New Order, Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack, etc  will never top the Pyramid again.

Huge difference.

Might bookmark this post ?

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

my current best idea:

The 1975
The Cure
Macca

I am old and easily confused... but i am somewhat baffled by this whole 1975 thing.. whatever happened to the old 'body of work/earning your stripes' sort of thing.? and if that isnt important, why not Catfish, Blossoms or Chvrches..??

Ive had a listen for the last half hour and pretty much exhausted YouTube options. Arent they just a bit of a  twee pop band.? I watched 10 minutes of them with my wife and daughters when they did that Sunday afternoon Pyramid slot and there was just nothing about them. and whilst i didnt see them at Latitude, wife & daughter again did and said they bombed...

someone on this thread earlier said that they should be given the chance as Glastonbury needs to "step up and support new music" (or something like that). I dont think Glastonbury can be accused of not supporting new music, doesnt JP and Other do just that? and to large crowds..

Whilst i am not a tremendous fan of the genre, i would rather see the boy Stormzy given the chance. At least he has some balls, personality and represents something...

I think those headliners are missing something American and female..If they cant afford Madge, then surely Gaga fits the bill..?

Anyway, why should i worry..? I am fortunate enough to have a ticket and can vote with my feet and watch an alternative.. (Flaming Lips trumps Radiohead anyone.?!)

3 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I am old and easily confused... but i am somewhat baffled by this whole 1975 thing.. whatever happened to the old 'body of work/earning your stripes' sort of thing.? and if that isnt important, why not Catfish, Blossoms or Chvrches..??

Merit aside, Catfish, Blossoms and Chvrches all have a fairly strong fanbase but none of those 3 have an obsessive youth following quite like The 1975. They are on a different level in that respect.

Edited by EamerRed

4 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

because those bands can't shift tickets in the way The 1975 can.

41 minutes ago, briddj said:

The 1975 are huge. Like them or not. Definitely not Other headliners.

I just don't get the 1975 at all.  There are bands I don't like but I recognise they are good and others will love them but with the 1975 I really don't get it.  Have I missed something?  Can someone share something I should really listen to and give them another chance?

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

because those bands can't shift tickets in the way The 1975 can.

Tickets have already been shifted... (and dont take that personally, god only knows you deserve one more than most for providing this forum and basically promoting the festival.. i sincerly hope you get one..)

2 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Merit aside, Catfish, Blossoms and Chvrches all have a fairly strong fanbase but none of those 3 have an obsessive youth following quite like The 1975. They are on a different level in that respect.

but wont the obsessive youth following fill The Other rather than half fill The Pyramid.?

21 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Is it still just one of them doing the live shows? (I can never remember if it was Tom or Ed that said he was retiring from it) 

Was two of them on stage last week, couldn't tell from where i was who was who though.

2 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Was two of them on stage last week, couldn't tell from where i was who was who though.

Quick Google says that Ed chucked live shows in 2014 to concentrate on studying, presume given that was 4 years ago he's back full time now. 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

I was wondering that...It seemed like something you might say as a joke to deflect from the fact that you were actually doing Glastonbury "urrrrm....i think i have a wedding or some shit....yeh, that's it". But maybe the poster knows the source very well :)

It wasn't like that at all. Blake (who runs AMUS) has a wedding Glasto weekend and was worried he'd miss them at Glasto. He spoke to someone from AM's record label who said they're not playing. As you can probably guess from my username, I've followed AM closely this year. The things he's provided correct info on includes but isn't limited to: exact album announcement date, album release, the list of festivals they were to play (including Primavera despite a lot of insistence they wouldn't) and where they'd play on tour. I would be very very surprised if he got incorrect info and said it publicly.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep, but on the basis there'll be some popular beat combos on the bill. :P 

and i very much hope to enjoy some of those popular beat combos myself ? (i really wish that The Bluetones would play - Avalon would be nice)... but you dont get so many of the headlining....

Just now, Divein said:

I cant tell if you're joking or not....

No mate honestly. It was a topic that came up on the City forum I go on. Not sure how sky sports news could give their our sources understand bullshit in regards to transfer rumours. Surely that is a conflict of interests? I have no facts to back this up and only going off what was said on Bluemoon, but It does make sense.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

No mate honestly. It was a topic that came up on the City forum I go on. Not sure how sky sports news could give their our sources understand bullshit in regards to transfer rumours. Surely that is a conflict of interests? I have no facts to back this up and only going off what was said on Bluemoon, but It does make sense.

I find that very bizarre if true, given that all Soccer Saturday pundits are plastered all over it