2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Is the Cure nailed on as being a headliner? I know theres some information saying they'll be there, but would it for sure be a headline spot on the pyramid? 

I'm not against it just curious on info. 

the info I had was about headlining. They don't do lower spots, so if they're not headlining they won't be there.

I'm pretty sure my info is right, tho I can't guarantee it.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I know Michael's comments should always be taken with a great big shovel of salt but didn't he say that two (or three) of the headline acts have never played before? Guess that's out of the window

I always take his comments like those to mean two of the headline acts have never played the headline slot rather than have never played the festival.

Tenner placed on 1975. It comes down to them, Stormzy and Gaga now

I just can't see Gaga, she hasn't hit the heights of her early stuff (as far as I'm aware) so a lot would be around the film, which to me doesn't feel very Glastonbury and the film has only just been released. I can see Stormzy but he did do it last time and there's no value in the market for him. Punt on the 1975 it is..

(refuse to even contemplate Mumford)

40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

my current best idea:

The 1975
The Cure
Macca

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

word I've heard is that they have an offer. Can't really see it being for less than headline.

I suppose an 'offer' is still quite a leap to 'booked'? Presumably if IoW came in with a big offer and exclusive (and genuinely exclusive) then they might take that instead? 

They do fit a neat Glastonbury storyline of having played in Williams Green and worked their way up to headline pyramid.

As much as The 1975 could headline.... they could also headline the Other Stage as well. They're very much in that in-between size of band I think, so I wouldn't say any info on them definitely playing is a definitive headliner slot. Unless anyone knows more.

That's not me being biased either, I actually quite like them. I know they are less current but if New Order can headline the Other then definitely so can Le 1,975. Bearing in mind The 1975 were third down on that stage just 2 years ago.

I still 100% cannot see Stormzy being near big enough to headline at this moment.

Edited by EamerRed