2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

41 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

no they’d only be playing once

33 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Didn't say they would.

If Arctics play 2020 it'll be 3 summer's in a row....there is no chance. If they bring another album out then it turns into 4 years into a row and them kill it like KOL did.

45 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

So in the frame:

Macca, Fleetwood, The Cure, Lady Gaga, anyone else?

Do people honestly think that Glastonbury will have 3 headliners none of whom are a 'current' act commercially active, and 'popularly' relevant - just not going to happen in my view - a fallow year and then Glastonbury reinvents itself as a heritage festival??

Gaga was brilliant last time there's is no questioning that. I have never seen The Cure so I am excitedly by that possibility. However Paul McCartney was dreadful last time - the only time in 18 Glastonburys that I left a headline act on any stage to go and sit in a bar! I've avoided the Arctic Monkeys on the two previous occasions but in the absence of a Taylor swift or Kendrick then surely they must be the popular meat in the icon sandwich?

4 minutes ago, TheWizard62 said:

Do people honestly think that Glastonbury will have 3 headliners none of whom are a 'current' act commercially active, and 'popularly' relevant - just not going to happen in my view - a fallow year and then Glastonbury reinvents itself as a heritage festival??

Gaga was brilliant last time there's is no questioning that. I have never seen The Cure so I am excitedly by that possibility. However Paul McCartney was dreadful last time - the only time in 18 Glastonburys that I left a headline act on any stage to go and sit in a bar! I've avoided the Arctic Monkeys on the two previous occasions but in the absence of a Taylor swift or Kendrick then surely they must be the popular meat in the icon sandwich?

But the biggest AM itk has been told they're not playing. That's why we're discussing other options.

5 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Proof (if needed) that headliner odds are meaningless.

Gaga is now 11/4 from 7/1 after our recent bets

9FFDB0D7-5F92-42F6-A048-AC6067055BE5.thumb.png.193aabd042c959405a29a97b5e51bd06.png

And you thought the employers at sky know who is headlining Glasto.....but in truth....11/4 is nothing even close to a sure thing so get some more money on, bring the odds even lower and convince yourself lol.

16 minutes ago, TheWizard62 said:

I’d say you were in the minority on McCartney. His set was received very positively by and large, it’s held in very high regard on here.

Personally I loved it.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

And you thought the employers at sky know who is headlining Glasto.....but in truth....11/4 is nothing even close to a sure thing so get some more money on, bring the odds even lower and convince yourself lol.

I think you've missed the point.