2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I reckon Arctics are very likely. Don’t think it could be anyone else realistically and they won’t miss the chance to have them. I think it’ll be that three contrary to others.

I dunno about that. I'm still predicting Arctic Monkeys to be the third headliner so this isn't just me trying to justify my prediction or owt, but Arctic Monkeys headlined on the touring cycle of their previous album, and I can't think of many examples of Glastonbury booking an act to headline on consecutive cycles. If the Eavii know Arctic Monkeys plan to have another album out in the next two years or so it'd make a lot of sense to give em a miss this time around and bring them back on the next cycle, especially as the current album doesn't exactly lend itself to major festival slots.

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Guess she can become an actor now though if it does do poorly

She's apparently just signed up for a run in the Funny Girl revival on Broadway. Whether it's because she's actually serious about this acting thing or just because she wants the EGOT we can't know though obvs.

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

She's apparently just signed up for a run in the Funny Girl revival on Broadway. Whether it's because she's actually serious about this acting thing or just because she wants the EGOT we can't know though obvs.

After an Emmy then potentially an Oscar she’s now eyeing a Tony. Going for Rita Moreno/Barbara Streisand’s records. 

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I dunno about that. I'm still predicting Arctic Monkeys to be the third headliner so this isn't just me trying to justify my prediction or owt, but Arctic Monkeys headlined on the touring cycle of their previous album, and I can't think of many examples of Glastonbury booking an act to headline on consecutive cycles. If the Eavii know Arctic Monkeys plan to have another album out in the next two years or so it'd make a lot of sense to give em a miss this time around and bring them back on the next cycle, especially as the current album doesn't exactly lend itself to major festival slots.

Might be cool if AM did a secret set and played lodas of the new stuff like Radiohead did for King of Limbs.

Then headlines next album gives them a nice chance to play new material withoubt the expectation of hit after hit. who knows though, maybe thats above them.

Edited by Xeph1995

27 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Definitely feels as though it is make or break for her at this point. Cheek To Cheek and Joanne underperforming is kinda acceptable as they were less-mainstream stuff (Jazz and Country respectively) but if she is going back to electronic/electro pop stuff then there is no excuse for another bad album.

Guess she can become an actor now though if it does do poorly

I fear you may have missed my point. The next album is already set up for more interest, whether it’s good or not.

Just now, Xeph1995 said:

Whyd you think that? Radiohead did just fine in 2011. I would consider Radiohead to big bigger than AM? maybe im wrong though. 

Radiohead fans are civilised, AM fans are.. not. Combine that reputation for aggression with the tensions that always arise from 60,000 people trying to cram into a field designed for 20,000 and people getting pissed off at them playing a setlist formed exclusively of this latest record.. yeah, no. 

Unless this 'secret set' was on the Pyramid in which case they may as well headline anyway.

11 minutes ago, snailcheeks said:

Killers secret set seemed okay last year so think an AM one could work. Not sure if they would actually be up for that mind you 

The Killers’ set clashed with a huge Pyramid crowd for Chic. And AM are several notches up from Brandon and co, both in terms of popularity and crowd intensity. Only way it would possibly happen would be if it clashed with an Oasis reunion or something, in which case there’d probably be riots about the festival darling to clash them anyway.

EDIT: they clashed with a rammed field for Chic not the legends slot but it doesn’t make any difference.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wasn't even there but I could tell in the vicinity afterwards The Killers was stowed to fuck.  When the crowd coming from that met the crowd departing Chic and anyone else arriving for Biffy and the lads it was an almighty squash at the Pyramid RHS.

Poor HAIM.

19 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

AM secret set? What is this madness? Why would (arguably) the biggest recent British indie band play a secret set just after releasing a new album at the most iconic British music festival? 

Why would radiohead, arguably the biggest british alt rock band play a secret set after releasing a new album at the most iconic british music festival? In 2011

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

Why would radiohead, arguably the biggest british alt rock band play a secret set after releasing a new album at the most iconic british music festival? In 2011

Cos it took the pressure off of following up two iconic headline sets.

Arctic Monkeys don't have that issue.