2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

@The Red Telephone To keep you busy, may be interesting to look at the age of headliners or number of albums put out, as these are also parameters often discussed. Plus, The Thingy might be interested in statistics :P

I started to look at ages/ albums, but realised my son hadn’t been fed for a few days.

I think Ash and Coldplay are the only acts to headline after releasing one album. Strictly speaking though, Ash weren’t booked as headliners - they only did it because Steve Winwood’s gear got stuck in the mud and he couldn’t get there. Sure Ash played on the Friday somewhere, stuck around for the rest of the weekend and got asked to fill in as Pyramid headliners.

Also think 1997 was the youngest average age of headliners (Radiohead, The Prodigy, Ash) Would imagine The Who, The Stones and Stevie Wonder have made this decade one of the oldest averages.

I thought Depeche Mode were really good but I was so ill and worn out that I had to sit down for the songs I didn't know too well, but seeing Personal Jesus, World In My Eyes, Never Let Me Down Again, Just Can't Get Enough and Enjoy The Silence was great. I'd never listened to them other than Personal Jesus really until they got announced for Mad Cool so as an entry level fan I thought they did a good job

30 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The much maligned (on these boards at least) Noel Gallagher summed it up best when being interviewed on telly after playing T in The Park a few years back. "It's a festival. Play the hits and piss off".

Saw him a few weeks back and he could do with following his own advice.

25 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

I started to look at ages/ albums, but realised my son hadn’t been fed for a few days.

I think Ash and Coldplay are the only acts to headline after releasing one album. Strictly speaking though, Ash weren’t booked as headliners - they only did it because Steve Winwood’s gear got stuck in the mud and he couldn’t get there. Sure Ash played on the Friday somewhere, stuck around for the rest of the weekend and got asked to fill in as Pyramid headliners.

Also think 1997 was the youngest average age of headliners (Radiohead, The Prodigy, Ash) Would imagine The Who, The Stones and Stevie Wonder have made this decade one of the oldest averages.

Young - Springsteen - Blur for oldest?

The Stones had AMs and Mumfords their year which would have brought the average age down significantly, likewise the Who with Kanye and Florence.

KOL - Jay-Z - The Verve must have been quite young too.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Just now, Yokel Again said:

If only!!!!!

No chance of them getting back together by the sounds of it. 

Nah, they seem to be split up for good. I wonder if it's because they (on the face of it) parted amicably and on their own terms, there's no sense of unfinished business or desire to give it one last go. They certainly don't seem the types to chase the reunion money either.