2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

5 minutes ago, SignalConfusion said:

Yeah, I was kinda musing out loud. They could always do what The Who did in 2015 and rearrange their tour dates. Sorry, I'll stop - wild thoughts!

The Who were brought in as a late replacement though (iirc) and changed their schedule late on. If the Eagles were doing Glastonbury they would have contracts signed by now. I suspect they would be out of GF’s price range.

Edited by henry bear

10 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

@eFestivalsMadonna is still a rumour on the rumours page? Worth removing? Also, is Diana Ross unlikely now that Kylie is likely?

if I take them off, I'll have people mailing to say they should be there. :P

More sensibly, while I've had info I think is correct that madge isn't playing, I don't feel it's good enough to remove her. Likewise with the kylie stuff, which is only sourced from newspapers, and while i think it's right I don't think is good enough to rule out Ross entirely.

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The Cure sold out their 20k Dublin outdoor gig in an hour this morning.

It'll be interesting to see how many of those hardcore fans are making it to Glastonbury. There's no doubt they have a huge cult following - I still worry though that a huge number of ticket holders will react with "eh?" if they're announced. I've been chatting to a lot of people about them since the rumours came through and it's really a case of people either love them or can only name one song. There's not a lot of "casual" fans - it's all or nothing!

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

It'll be interesting to see how many of those hardcore fans are making it to Glastonbury. There's no doubt they have a huge cult following - I still worry though that a huge number of ticket holders will react with "eh?" if they're announced. I've been chatting to a lot of people about them since the rumours came through and it's really a case of people either love them or can only name one song. There's not a lot of "casual" fans - it's all or nothing!

Those are my thoughts. They’ve a handful of well known songs, but will they hold a Pyramid audience during all the other stuff...

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Do people really get festival tickets for £250 plus in the hope a certain act thats rumoured might be there ? wow 

Well I did so others probably have too. I wasn't going next year due to a combination of holidays already booked and lack of funds but the possibility of The Cure being there meant going for a ticket after all. I am not missing my favourite band playing Glastonbury!

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

especially if it's a scorcher

http://gothsinhotweather.blogspot.com

Mrs Lawn is a fully paid up goth, owns no garments which aren't black, also really likes the heat. Through necessity she's a complete pro at surviving; stays hydrated, carries a black hand fan at all times, finds shade like a blue-shell in Mario Kart, always prepped with high-factor suncream to preserve her pallor.  I, on the other hand, can always be relied upon to burn and pass out.

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Do people really get festival tickets for £250 plus in the hope a certain act thats rumoured might be there ? wow 

i reckon some do, yup. For example, it's likely that some people got tickets last time cos they thought Ed Sheeran would be there.

I'd guess that plenty of them keep their tickets and go anyway, even if the act they wanted wasn't on the bill.

49 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i reckon some do, yup. For example, it's likely that some people got tickets last time cos they thought Ed Sheeran would be there.

I'd guess that plenty of them keep their tickets and go anyway, even if the act they wanted wasn't on the bill.

Soooo....what we need to do is ban any talk of rumoured headliners until after ticket day ?