2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd like to cram in as much Ezra as possible from now on, to make up for all the years I never bothered paying him any attention because somebody had told me he was "a rockabilly singer".

the lesson learned is that you should always listen to me

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Latest from Neil is that that didn't happen. Apparently someone was claiming to represent him in the hopes of making it happen or something and the Eavii thought it was possible, but it turned out not to be.

Ah right, I see. Sounds like a classic case of a popstar’s estate setting up a fall guy to make themselves look better, but I suppose if true it’s a good thing that Lonsdale didn’t rob us of that moment. Whatever tbh.

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Ah right, I see. Sounds like a classic case of a popstar’s estate setting up a fall guy to make themselves look better, but I suppose if true it’s a good thing that Lonsdale didn’t rob us of that moment. Whatever tbh.

Yeah when the stuff came out about him pulling out due to the petition I was well miffed. Really hope it isn't what happened.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Macca and The Cure look likely.

1975/AM/Gaga/Stormzy/FM/Madge possibilities for third.

Cheers!

Macca I'd love to see. Seen The Cure and not worried about seeing them again so would probably go to something else.

How come Elton John's not on the list? Isn't he on a massive farewell tour at that time? Ruled out already?

4 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Cheers!

Macca I'd love to see. Seen The Cure and not worried about seeing them again so would probably go to something else.

How come Elton John's not on the list? Isn't he on a massive farewell tour at that time? Ruled out already?

He's playing two nights in Switzerland that weekend. His farewell will go into 2020 and I'd say he's certain for two years time.

20 minutes ago, thisisthesam said:

What about Elton John? Banger after banger. Farewell tour with only two UK shows. 

Glasto headliner then add more UK dates?

Can't see Stormy headlining either... If he does I'll be really disappointed (Think there's a more better headliner acts)

I wish it was Elton, but he's playing in Switzerland on the Sat and Sun I believe.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He's playing two nights in Switzerland that weekend. His farewell will go into 2020 and I'd say he's certain for two years time.

Makes sense! I cant even think about 2020 rumours yet haha!

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep. Essentially she's out of their price range.

Like everything I can't guarantee its right, but in theory it should be spot on.

Yeah, not surprising really. Do you think that's still the case with Fleetwood Mac?

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

it was properly awful, wasn't it. I can think of only The Libertines last year for headline sets I've seen at that level of bad.

don't tell @Gozpot tho

Made doubly worse by the fact it closed the festival, I can't believe they came back after closing the gates to that image