2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dunno about the legendary / last chance to see factor.

How do you mean? If I don’t really like them, why should I fret if it’s the last chance to see ‘em. Better to go and see a smaller band that I like, I reckon. It’s not an Ispy book of bands to tick off

It is tough, though. Part of you feels you should, and you’re missing out if you don’t. But decided to see Ezra Furman over John Carr at eotr, and don’t regret it at all. Maybe a watershed moment for me. Hopefully I’ve broken the habit

13 minutes ago, Mardy said:

It is tough, though. Part of you feels you should, and you’re missing out if you don’t. But decided to see Ezra Furman over John Carr at eotr, and don’t regret it at all. Maybe a watershed moment for me. Hopefully I’ve broken the habit

I suppose both The Mac and Macca are people I wouldn't pay to see, so also unlikely to get the opportunity to see again. Macca leaves me cold, but daughter having a bloody beatles phase so be there for her. Whilst with The Mac, despite the fact I'm only familiar with 6/7 on that playlist (crowded house aside), I would feel that I should go see them.

Edited by slash's hat

8 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Never camp in front of the Pyramid Stage because I did that in my first year and ended up having to listen to Ed Sheeran when I was tryna just chill at my tent.

I fainted during it after being forced to go by my younger sister. Dehydration or boredom who knows

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

if we're judging the Foo Fighters to be iconic then I've got no issues with swerving them.  But I'll never regret going to see Page & Plant over The Offspring or whoever was on the Other Stage.

It was The Charlatans. I had a micro think about that one as was quite enjoying the Burgess sound at that time but that micro think was over in a blink and off I went without a backwards glance.

I gave stevie wonder a skip a while back to see Gomez and despite the regular mocking i still get from pals I'd do it again.

Usually at least 1 of the headliners is someone I've seen before or have no interest in seeing. 

For headliners in 2019, wouldn't mind Bjork (probably not big enough mind)

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

I did the same thing, newcomer to Ezra Furman but I've not stopped listening to him since that gig.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Ezra is fantastic. 

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I went to see him in Bristol this year, he was awesome and his band were really impressive too.

+1 for the Ezra love-in. Saw him at Brixton a few weeks ago after being talked into it .... a top evening.

Saw Ezra on the Park a few years ago and he was awesome in that mid afternoon slot.

Really is no better venue to watch a band than mid afternoon on the Park with a cider in hand. That might be my absolutely favourite part of Glastonbury. I'd go and see anyone in that slot to make sure I get that experience, even if it's an act i'm not familiar with! Really is an example of how the stage/atmosphere can mean more than the bands themselves.

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Easily one of my favourite sets that weekend, and to think the first time I saw him was R+L, he stood out like a really good sore thumb(oxymoron I know)