2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Having weak headliners has its positives. skipped kanye and coldplay to see George Clintons P.Funk and Earth Wind and Fire.  In fact I can't imagine actually choosing to see coldplay in any situation

Good thing all the other stages are being headlined by indie folk bands curated by Mumford and Sons as part of their Gentlemen of the Road takeover, then.

• Upvote 1

I've been in hibernation on here since last year. Couldn't face thinking about it with this year being a fallow year. Managed to secure tickets this morning (for some of us at least...) so what's the general consensus on headliners for 2019? Heard the Macca?The Cure rumours, and I'm assuming Arctic Monkey's are in the mix?

6 minutes ago, fowls said:

People heckling for This Is America for 90 minutes? Sounds great!

Aside from This Is America, Gambino is nowhere near Kendrick.

I like both but I saw Kendrick and Leeds this year and he was insane, plus Kendrick can headlined a lot of major festivals over the summer and I can only think of Gambino doing Lovebox which is primarily a hip hop/rap festival. I think it's far more likely going to be Kendrick or Eminem as the non-guitar headliner

1 minute ago, Dan12345 said:

Aside from This Is America, Gambino is nowhere near Kendrick.

I like both but I saw Kendrick and Leeds this year and he was insane, plus Kendrick can headlined a lot of major festivals over the summer and I can only think of Gambino doing Lovebox which is primarily a hip hop/rap festival. I think it's far more likely going to be Kendrick or Eminem as the non-guitar headliner

Aye I thought similar, I'm not sure where he stands with the success of TIA. He tours a lot less than Kendrick as he does all the other stuff, but the O2 sold out in a silly amount of time and I heard he was great at Lovebox. 

It'd just be nice to see a new headliner on a selfish level. I don't even go to many festivals anymore and I feel like I've seen Kendrick half a dozen times.

My facetious comment aside, I think CG is more of a subheadliner at this point.  If he headlined, he'd get the Gorillaz treatment. People think they want to see him, then realise most his material isn't anything like that one song they know. The crowd is a lot more forgiving for the subheadliners.

If Farrell subheadlined, I don't see why Gambino couldn't. 

I'd be very surprised if Kendrick isn't a headliner. He seemed like an obvious choice in 2017, and is only more so now. Just edgy enough to show Glasto is progressing, but a safe enough bet to be respectable to the stalwarts (especially now he has a Pulitzer).

Edited by fowls

3 minutes ago, fowls said:

My facetious comment aside, I think CG is more of a subheadliner at this point.  If he headlined, he'd get the Gorillas treatment. People think they want to see him, then realise most his material isn't anything like that one song they know. The crowd is a lot more forgiving for the subheadliners.

If Farrell subheadlined, I don't see why Gambino couldn't. 

I'd be very surprised if Kendrick isn't a headliner. He seemed like an obvious choice in 2017, and is only more so now.

It’s highly unlikely Kendrick will be active next summer from the looks of things.

13 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

I've been in hibernation on here since last year. Couldn't face thinking about it with this year being a fallow year. Managed to secure tickets this morning (for some of us at least...) so what's the general consensus on headliners for 2019? Heard the Macca?The Cure rumours, and I'm assuming Arctic Monkey's are in the mix?

That's pretty much it at the minute. Macca and Sad & The Lads seem pretty solid, but it's less certain whether Mrs Turner will have to confiscate young Alex's N64 controllers after parents' evening with the Glastonbury audience again. I'd quite like Gaga for that slot, there's nothing tying her to it, but she's active and about so there's speculative talk of her on here.

• Like 1