2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

much nearer half I reckon - tho it of course depends on the band.

Is it 220k the total capacity including everyone?

Pyramid field holds about 70-80k, more for bigger acts. As you say, depends on the band, but anywhere between say 30% for Radiohead last year to close to 50% for the Stones.

Edited by Hugh Jass

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

much nearer half I reckon - tho it of course depends on the band.

This is a surprise to me, most of our group see a headliner about once every 2 or 3 festivals, I knew we would be less than average, but hadn't realised it'd be by that much.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is it 220k the total capacity including everyone?

just over 200k I think at the mo - but not all of those people will be free to go watch a band, don't forget.

My guess is about 180,00 of an 'active' crowd.

Pyramid field holds about 70-80k, more for bigger acts. As you say, depends on the band, but anywhere between say 30% for Radiohead last year to close to 50% for the Stones.

it was waaaaay over 50% for the Stones - more like 80%. I was one of the few not there, so saw some of the tiny crowds at other venues.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

just over 200k I think at the mo - but not all of those people will be free to go watch a band, don't forget.

There's probably 180,00 of an 'active' crowd.

it was waaaaay over 50% for the Stones - more like 80%. I was one of the few not there, so saw some of the tiny crowds at other venues.

I often wonder who was watching the Bootleg Beatles at that moment.

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Any reasoning behind The Strokes odds being dropped on Skybet to 6/4? The Cure and the Strokes on the same lineup would be utopia for me. 

As much as I'd love there to be reason to it, probably just cause a bit of money going on

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Always a bit too much wishful thinking when it comes to The Strokes. 

Saying that 6/4 is a huge drop from what it was.... (here I go again) 

Are they even active at the moment? I've lost track of what's going on with them recently 

I know it was five years ago, but it genuinely doesn't feel like five minutes since the last time Arctic Monkeys headlined..
It'd be nice to get three Pyramid headliners who haven't received the nod before.  

...that excludes the 1975 though - I'd bump them to the band stand :)

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

My mate's mate who's in a band was told by their booking agent that The Strokes are headlining APE next year. I don't know the guy and have no idea how much stock to put in what he says, but yeah.

sound about right - tho I also reckon it might struggle to sell out. Not sure there's huge untapped Strokes-love.