2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But most of their music is down tempo and a headliner needs something to get you going.  They'll do what Adele did and play a sunset slot beneath someone like The Prodigy.

The worst part about that was people were trying to argue that the "dreary" Adele should play before a headliner to make room for... Radiohead.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Which also makes The 1975 more likely..... dear god!

I agreed but then I'm with Alex won't turn it down for the sake of that. They might actually looking it as they get to opening up the headlining of the Pyramid for the year....certainly won't be arguing against Macca closing the fest. It's happened with other acts just may be not as recently. 

I stock with AM, The Cure and Macca. Stormzy, Liam and Gaga to sub. Catfish, Dua Lipa and Ezra to 3rd. I'd also go with Sheryl Crow probably before Kylie on Sunday...most would swap Liam and Gaga round which is fair but this mixes it up a bit.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Still don’t think The Cure will headline. 

AM, Kendrick, Macca. 

They’re my baseless speculation today. 

I'm 100% sure that Madonna subs in an American slot over Kendrick headlining next year....and that's a ludicrous statement.

5 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

No-ones comment in particular, but it does always make me smile this thread - people's wildly different perception of what does or doesn't constitute a great Glastonbury headliner or not. 

This thread would have you think Kasabian were derided by everyone that went. When they probably had one of the best crowd reactions since I’ve been going

Edited by Mouseboy11
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

This thread would have you think Kasabian were derided by anyone that went. When they probably had one of the best crowd reactions since I’ve been going

Can't imagine there were many people at that who were on the fence about it. People know where they stand with rotters like Kasabian, and would have either gone along or stayed away accordingly. A rapturous reaction to a set like Adele's, which a lot of people went along to despite being unsure if they'd enjoy it, surely means far more.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Last couple of pages are a prime example of efests thinking way more intensely about Glastonbury than even the organisers do. Love it.

Michael and Emily over a cup of tea after his morning swim.

Michael : Who can we get to play next yeah Emily?

Emily :I hear the Cure will be playing some shows, they haven't played in a while. Macca is releasing an album, he went down well last time and the artic monkeys will be releasing another album.

Michael : The monkeys again, haven't they played loads of times. Come on Emily, they're no coldpplay.

Emily : ok, what about the 1975, they are getting quite big now.

Michael. Ok, The cure and Macca then one of the monkeys or 1975. I know the youth like the monkey boys and they won't do anything naughty that will get complaints on the tv.

Emily : that's that sorted then, can I have a hob nob?

Michael : no, go and get your own, you only live round the corner. Can we squeeze Chris on any stage this year? I know we have them to headline 2020 but I haven't seen them in ages.

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Can't imagine there were many people at that who were on the fence about it. People know where they stand with rotters like Kasabian, and would have either gone along or stayed away accordingly. A rapturous reaction to a set like Adele's, which a lot of people went along to despite being unsure if they'd enjoy it, surely means far more.

Yeah you’re probably right there. My point was more that I think this forums opinion on a lot of what Glastonbury books is way out of line with that of the average goer.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah you’re probably right there. My point was more that I think this forums opinion on a lot of what Glastonbury books is way out of line with that of the average goer.

Ah yeah. Which is why I'd be deeply worried about The Cure's crowd size, seeing as their booking hasn't got a particularly positive response even on a nerd-filled website like this.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

"Sorry Mr Mumford, we were going to book you for this year, but we don't think you're big enough to appease the locals, so we'll pull another bigger band out of our arse instead.... Sorry, what's that Michael?... OK Marcus,my dad's just pointed out that they did get Beyonce 2 years ago so they'll understand having to settle for you. See you in June".

i'm not sure my sarcasm came across as i intended.....