2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think the lack of money didn't help. The shit weather of 2007 and even worse lineup of 2008 would have been fresh in a lot of people's memories too.

That's a point.  I had a good crowd , enjoyed the weather and saw a handful of really good sets, so 2008 was one of my favourite festivals of that decade, but the lineup was pretty weak on the whole.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Yeah tbf you're probably right there, yer man did literally tell the crowd at the end of their last show there 'we'll be back to headline in a few years'. I just want Glasto to happen cos it'd be good.

I know it goes against the big 90’s reunion pipe dream but I think they could quite easily headline 2020. Particularly if they’re itching to dissolve the band and move onto another thing (lol).

42 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

A Star Is Born was surprisingly very good and is already gaining momentum for the Oscars. Would be interesting to see if Gaga is booked on the back of that. Having an oscar nominee or even winner (such as . Adele) play the festival would be good for both sides surely. Plus 1 scene was filmed there in 17 so would be full circle. 

Cooper was on Graham Norton saying he goes to Glastonbury every year too

I can already see him coming on for Shallow and it bringing the house down.

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah but it's probably better for her to be the star of a widely admired film with a modest soundtrack rather than be the star of a lousy film with a soundtrack that's flying off the shelves.

V true. Thank goodness there was no festival in 2018 for Hugh Jackman to play.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not so sure about that. Stormzy played the Other last year and is being touted as a potential future headliner.  You'll search the 2008 list in vain for anyone who even comes within sniffing distance.

On 3/16/2017 at 6:36 PM, dentalplan said:

Foals

Arctic Monkeys

Beyoncé

4th post in this thread tbh

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Get Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong back for 2019.

Most of the band are playing the Crow's Nest every year as Toy.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not so sure about that. Stormzy played the Other last year and is being touted as a potential future headliner.  You'll search the 2008 list in vain for anyone who even comes within sniffing distance.

Yeah he's being hyped as a future headliner the year after he last played. Would none of those have been seen in a similar light? And will we look back fondly at Stormzy in 2028?

Edited by dentalplan

I'm so out of the mainstream these days as regards to media, so has there been much hype about tickets this year?  Are we expecting it to be overly difficult to get tickets this year. I'm saying this because the only year I failed was back in 2005

Edited by Swieve

21 minutes ago, RandyFishcake said:

Heard from someone who knows someone who knows someone that Mumfords are signed up.

About as solid as blancmange but I could imagine it.

I’d be somewhere else!

I could imagine them doing a secret set somewhere like Elbow and The Killers last year, but don't see them headlining at all.

35 minutes ago, Swieve said:

I'm so out of the mainstream these days as regards to media, so has there been much hype about tickets this year?  Are we expecting it to be overly difficult to get tickets this year. I'm saying this because the only year I failed was back in 2005

Be about the same as usual I should think. The 2017 headliners were so massive that there should in theory be more people trying, but the fallow year should hopefully negate that a bit.

29 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I could imagine them doing a secret set somewhere like Elbow and The Killers last year, but don't see them headlining at all.

No surely not headliners. That new song couldn't have flopped harder. Could see them potentially headlining the Other against Macca if the latter happens though.