2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

West Holts aside, it generally offers more diversity than any other stage.

Agreed, it's only really from third upwards (plus the legend) that it starts getting "mainstream". During the day there's all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff on there.

Edited by Hugh Jass

15 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Theres also plenty on the Pyramid that's not all *that* mainstream.  I saw RTJ, Orchestra Baobab and Kris Kristofferson on it last year.

I couldn’t really enjoy KKs set - being trained in advanced life support, I genuinely thought I’d be needed on stage at any minute to aid the poor guy.

Come to think of it, it was enjoyable at one point - realising I was a better guitar player than Johnny Depp. Despite never attempting to play guitar at any stage of my life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Can we start a Macca supergroup rumour? I enjoyed the Coldplay one a lot.

At a momentous event like this, surely he's gonna give his old mates a chance to share it with him. Odds of seeing a bearded little chap behind him on drums for a few nostalgic songs? He's been touring with his all-starr band this year

Just now, billum said:

At a momentous event like this, surely he's gonna give his old mates a chance to share it with him. Odds of seeing a bearded little chap behind him on drums for a few nostalgic songs? He's been touring with his all-starr band this year

Not Dave Grohl playing with him again. 

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

I couldn’t really enjoy KKs set - being trained in advanced life support, I genuinely thought I’d be needed on stage at any minute to aid the poor guy.

Come to think of it, it was enjoyable at one point - realising I was a better guitar player than Johnny Depp. Despite never attempting to play guitar at any stage of my life.

I was surprised he didn’t have a nurse trailing behind him he kept forgetting his lyrics. He’s is a legend and my grandmas Faveoruite musician so it was a must for me

3 minutes ago, billum said:

Looking forward to hearing Thomas the Tank Engine on the Pyramid

Apologies if this has been discussed already or I'm being a div but I've been trying to find the original instagram post that seems to have started the Stormzy rumour but can only find a few articles with screenshots rather than links? Also as far as I can tell Stormzy's official verified Instagram name is just 'stormzy' not 'stormzy official'... so are we sure this is genuine? Did anyone see the actual post on the day if it's been deleted since?

image.png.6285ca1a28cd04500aa22f1cf7499073.png

10 minutes ago, Helephantelope said:

Apologies if this has been discussed already or I'm being a div but I've been trying to find the original instagram post that seems to have started the Stormzy rumour but can only find a few articles with screenshots rather than links? Also as far as I can tell Stormzy's official verified Instagram name is just 'stormzy' not 'stormzy official'... so are we sure this is genuine? Did anyone see the actual post on the day if it's been deleted since?

image.png.6285ca1a28cd04500aa22f1cf7499073.png

Weird thing about the name; however, instastories disappear after 24 hours anyway.

• Upvote 1

I think Stormzy recently changed the name of his Instagram account.

If you google "stormzy instagram", the top result is @stormzyofficial, but that account currently has 0 messages and only 150 followers.

However, if you google images of "stormzy instagram", there are loads of screencaps from the @stormzyofficial account. Older messages on the current @stormzy account also have replies tagging @stormzyofficial instead. So it seems that @stormzyofficial was the official account until very recently.

Fuck I'm bored.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye - but it was one of the most austere and sombre shows ever played on that stage.  I dunno if you could ever really call it mainstream.

I thought it was very touching. Sunday Morning Coming Down was a touchstone song for feeling broken in my twenties. On that basis, frailty fits right in with what I have always got from his music.

Not really entertainment though.