2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

I missed as well but pretty sure the headliner was Kanye West and the headliner that pulled out was Foo Fighters due to Dave Grohl's broken leg. I could be wrong though :) 

Prince pulled out due to the Kanye backlash. 

Edit: which I thought I’d read somewhere  but which now I can’t find. 

Edited by Divein

14 minutes ago, Divein said:

Prince pulled out due to the Kanye backlash. 

Edit: which I thought I’d read somewhere  but which now I can’t find. 

I can only see bits referencing The Who replacing Prince but none with the reasons behind Prince dropping out

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/glastonbury/11731291/Prince-the-sound-and-Kanye-The-Who-roadies-view-on-Glastonbury.html

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/glastonbury-festival/news/a657394/the-who-claim-that-they-replaced-prince-at-glastonbury-he-decided-not-to-come/

In my own uninformed opinion, I really think the third act will be female centric. With it being all blokes in 2017 and female representation in festivals still a hot topic, I can't see them going for all meat and veg headliners again if they can avoid it.

It just comes down to who? Florence back as a "proper" headliner? 

Taylor Swift wouldn't surprise me.

Ill be shocked if AM are not 1 headliner. Safe option for the  crew who believe "HEADLINER MUST BE A ROCK N ROLL INDIE BAND OR EVERYONE DIES*"

*not sure if they say everyone dies, but they shout a lot.

Stormzy seems right to me. Im not a fan of his tunes, but I like him. He seems like a good guy who has the right kind of morals for me.  Tries to help where he can too. I wouldn't be there, but I hope he gets the gig.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, ivan said:

My mate has been saying for years The Pyramid is too BBC audience friendly !

It's understandable though, it is the centrepiece of the whole festival. I wonder how many new attendees the festival attracts by TV coverage alone, which is predominantly main stage-based. I'm sure that most would agree that apart from the occasional special headliner, the majority of our favourite moments are experienced beyond that Pyramid

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Patti Smith on the Pyramid was one of the best things i’ve ever seen, and all the better for being on that stage, shoving it right in the faces of the blanket brigade

interestingly enough she did a 3-night run this past weekend in NY of what seems to be her own take of a 'Springsteen on Broadway' spectacle. NY Times on it below

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/23/theater/patti-smith-words-and-music-review.html

Quite a weekend it was in NY for legends. Patti Smith Sat-Mon doing her thing, Paul Simon finishing up his career with a big outdoor park finale for about 40-50,000 on Saturday (after Thurs/Fri gigs at Madison Square Garden), and even Joan Baez played 2 shows in Fri/Sat in a famed venue Beacon Theatre on her own farewell tour. It looks like Baez finishes up things in May in NY after an earlier Euro jaunt  in the year..but you never know...- i think she did Glasters in '08? did she ever play it prior in old days??

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Saw Sleaford Mods at the wonderful Bearded Theory this year. The festival prides itself on being extremely family friendly...my heart was gladdened to see so many toddlers enjoying multiple uses of the “C” word.

“ I f***king hate Derby ! “

They were excellent , loved every minute of em 

10 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Saw Sleaford Mods at the wonderful Bearded Theory this year. The festival prides itself on being extremely family friendly...my heart was gladdened to see so many toddlers enjoying multiple uses of the “C” word.

I had a similar at Beautiful Days watching MikArtistik shouting at a toddler wearing a bollocks to brexit sticker that he was an unthinking tool of the left. The crowd was very confused, and the toddler continued to give precisely zero fucks, as is the wont of toddlers everywhere.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1