2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Tend to agree that booking a grime headliner to capture the zeitgeist is probably about 3 years too late. Stormzy is much more than a grime artist though, would be good to see someone of his ilk headline. Not sure I’d go see him though. 

Grime / hip hop / rap isn't my cup of tea at all tbh, but I had an absolute blast watching him at Benicassim.  I certainly wouldn't write him off my list of options like I did with Sheeran.

Just wondering if Neil's info about The Cure specifically ties to Glastonbury or is there a possibility it could be another UK fest?

Robert Smith has mentioned that they are headlining 20 (or more) festival dates this year but the UK might not be Glastonbury.

I guess it depends what Neil's info is exactly.

Just now, beau1 said:

Just wondering if Neil's info about The Cure specifically ties to Glastonbury or is there a possibility it could be another UK fest?

Robert Smith has mentioned that they are headlining 20 (or more) festival dates this year but the UK might not be Glastonbury.

I think it will be Glastonbury , im not sure what other UK festival could afford/would go for them 

2 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

I think it will be Glastonbury , im not sure what other UK festival could afford/would go for them 

I agree. R+L have shifted their artist selection heavily since 2012. BST had them last year so I doubt they'd play APE which is effectively a smaller BST with more alternative artists.

Perhaps Latitude will get them as their "big artist" approach they did in 2016/2017 with Mumford (arguably not big) and The Killers.

33 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I still wouldn't rule out Fleetwood Mac,  just waiting to see the European dates.

As far as strong female acts, I definitely think Ariana Grande could get a high slot as well as Kylie and Dua Lipa

This year I think Ariana could have played higher than she would next year. I don't think she would play Other myself but not sure she'd be above 4th. She is big to her fans but outside of her the likes of Dua, Perry and Rihanna for eg are much more known artists.

Kylie for the Legend slot but it wouldn't surprise me to see her 3rd with a different name in that 4th spot.

21 minutes ago, beau1 said:

it's very specifically about Glastonbury.

3 hours ago, Twlib said:

Personally think Stormzy should sub pyramid, It’d suit the set lengths he’s currently playing and there’s always a risk that the second album won’t quite meet the hype as the first. Subbing makes more sense to me but I could be wrong! It’d be massive either way for him. 

Would him subbing at Glasto stop him from headlining perhaps R&L? 

Agree with this. Also if he headlines next year, what then? Not many acts headline then play further down in the coming years? I know it all depends on how well his albums do in the future and this could be his best chance at headlining, but for me he should sub next year then headline in the future if he’s stood the test of time