2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, buffy394 said:

The 1975 have just sold out the O2 in under a minute by the way...

Glastonbury will probably get them next time around. Think they're a dead cert for Reading/Leeds at this point. Baffling to me that people still don't think they could headline, but I suppose until a band headlines a festival a lot of people aren't going to see them as festival headliners.

21 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Double post turmoil. Have a photo instead.

don-1988-stage-lshot-karl.jpg

The lady in the red jacket wouldn't look out of place in somewhere like Shoreditch or Brixton today. Hope she kept it as she could make a fortune selling it today

I worry for the safety for the rest of them in anything but a light shower in all that denim!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Glastonbury will probably get them next time around. Think they're a dead cert for Reading/Leeds at this point. Baffling to me that people still don't think they could headline, but I suppose until a band headlines a festival a lot of people aren't going to see them as festival headliners.

They’ve headlined latitude and parklife (maybe more?) 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

cos The Cure have now announced a number of festival dates each side of Glasto I've now got greater belief in what I was told about them headlining, and have upped them to 'strong rumour' on the 2019 line-up and rumours page.

Interesting.. assuming Macca/The Cure are both correct, who would be your guess for the third slot at this point?

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

cos The Cure have now announced a number of festival dates each side of Glasto I've now got greater belief in what I was told about them headlining, and have upped them to 'strong rumour' on the 2019 line-up and rumours page.

Does your strong rumour place them as Pyramid headliners or elsewhere?

1 hour ago, Dronx said:

Really not a fan of 1975 but surely there is no debate to be had about if there big enough to headline. They’re absolutely huge and probably going to get bigger when the new albums drop. 

I had no idea how big they were until I listened to Annie Mac's show back in June and she described them as "one of the biggest band in the world!" ... completely passed me by 

2 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I had no idea how big they were until I listened to Annie Mac's show back in June and she described them as "one of the biggest band in the world!" ... completely passed me by 

I've started going back to give them another listen, and while I'm not fully buying into the hype I may have been unfairly dismissive at the first pass.

22 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Interesting.. assuming Macca/The Cure are both correct, who would be your guess for the third slot at this point?

Stormzy, if they're really got all three headliners sorted already.

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Does your strong rumour place them as Pyramid headliners or elsewhere?

Can't see them playing anywhere else.

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've started going back to give them another listen, and while I'm not fully buying into the hype I may have been unfairly dismissive at the first pass.

I didn't even realise there was a hype! Must have been living under a rock. 

I just thought they were a tweeny boy band, maybe I should give them a listen too