2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Not been following this thread long, so can someone tell me why macca seems an almost certainty? 

That trio would suit me. The cure for me, macca for my daughter (who is having a Beatle phase so no getting away from him for me unfortunately), and Madonna for all of us (which saves me shelling out for an arena as I've promised daughter's would take them to experience her live show).

7 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Not been following this thread long, so can someone tell me why macca seems an almost certainty? 

That trio would suit me. The cure for me, macca for my daughter (who is having a Beatle phase so no getting away from him for me unfortunately), and Madonna for all of us (which saves me shelling out for an arena as I've promised daughter's would take them to experience her live show).

EFests have had info it’s Macca, pretty reliable, the cure, fairly reliable, Madonna is a bit more of an outsider 

58 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I had a mail yesterday from a random who said the headliners are Macca, The Cure, and Madonna. I've no idea where that's been sourced from (have asked for some details, not heard back).

However, I think that's unlikely to be right, because if my sources have Madonna not playing wrong, there's no reason to think the other parts would be right.

Out of those I'd definitely see Macca, maybe see Madge, certainly not be at The Cure.

I do think there will be someone more contemporary in there instead of one of those though. 

Emily was at one of the Kendrick gigs in Feb so I could see him being in there. 

I've no doubt they'd go all out to try and get Madge. Her name's been on their lips for many a year. I guess it'll be up to her if she's willing to take a cut in fees for the kind of exposure Glastonbury could give her. She's a savvy business person - I'm sure it doesn't entirely come down to how much she'd pocket.

It might reignite the old Kylie/Madonna competition. Even as Saturday headliner (where else would she go?), I'd be surprised if she could beat the crowd Kylie would get on a Sunday afternoon.

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I've no doubt they'd go all out to try and get Madge. Her name's been on their lips for many a year. I guess it'll be up to her if she's willing to take a cut in fees for the kind of exposure Glastonbury could give her. She's a savvy business person - I'm sure it doesn't entirely come down to how much she'd pocket.

It might reignite the old Kylie/Madonna competition. Even as Saturday headliner (where else would she go?), I'd be surprised if she could beat the crowd Kylie would get on a Sunday afternoon.

Even if they went all out to get her would they still be able to get her without ruining the budget for the rest of the lineup? I've seen her play before and she wouldn't be worth that. Kylie would beat her crowd with the tea time slot too. I struggle to see Madge's ego allow her to do it at cut price even at this stage of her career. 

Princess of pop v's queen of pop, celebrity deathmatch! I would be shocked if they have booked both in one year. I think Madge would have a huge crowd, love her or hate her she's going to be on a lot of people's bucket lists of artists and guaranteed sing along, party headliner. Kylie will draw a big crowd no doubt, but don't think her announcement would be as big a deal as Madge.

Admittedly my own personal preference may be blinkering me somewhat.

Edited by slash's hat
Bloody autocorrect

2 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Princess of pop v's queen of pop, celebrity deathmatch! I would be shocked if they have booked both in one year. I think Madge would have a huge crowd, love her or hate her she's going to be on a lot of people's bucket lists of artists and guaranteed sing along, party headliner. Kylie will draw a big crowd no doubt, but don't think her announcement would be as big a deal as Madge.

Admittedly my own personal preference may be blinkering me somewhat.

I reckon that's about right.  Madonna would be a bigger deal, but Kylie would get the bigger crowd on Sunday.

I dont know why GF would need to splash out on mega expensive heritage headliners this year..

A year after the fallow and the tickets are going to be gone in record time as people are gagging for it.. Lots of the good folk on here have talked about getting additional tickets (we have gone from 15 to possibly 21 this time round).

2020s birthday bash is when they will want to spend the money and have the biggest names all across the festival. ME passing the baton with a bang so to speak.