2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I listened to Shiny Happy People after Rose-Colored Boy's post but didn't recognise it. Will give the others a bash and see if I know them.

I don't work in an office or have parents that play Smooth FM so maybe that's why :P

Fair enough. I couldn't tell you where but I feel like they're used in TV and films a lot. I did just remember that this happened though:

Image result for it's the end of the world as we know it spotify

The Cure certainly doesn't feel right as a Pyramid Headliner. Other stage? I can get on board with that. The Eavis have booked strong headliners for years now.... The Cure to headline? Not for me Clive. 

If Macca was up for doing Glastonbury again, I'd prefer it to be 2020. The idea of standing in the Pyramid field, sunday night of the 50th anniversary, singing some of the great songs ever written..... it just feels right.

I fear Gaga is going to forever be a lost headliner. Her Vegas residency seems to fit well with managing her health issues; I can't see a major tour happening soon after cancelling part of the last one and can't see her committing to a festival date in the future without being sure of her health.

Rihanna..... if the new album is ready for next Feb/March then she's definitely in the running. If Kendrick's up for it, then there's a definite headliner.

4 hours ago, Henrik said:

Really wish I could excited for The Cure. Love the band but I have been here before. They headlined Bestival a few years ago and I was super hyped for it. It turned out to be a shockingly bad performance. The set went on and on and on and on. I'm a fan and I had no idea what they were playing for most of the time. I was quite near the front and people around me were just sitting down. It was all very strange.

It was advertised as being a three-hour odd set in advance. Anyway, if they headline Glastonbury they'll get a shorter set like they did at Hyde Park/the last time they headlined Glasonbury.

16 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I suppose the question to ask is "If another band had come to me from the same sources would I add it to the rumours page?" ; if so is it not only fair to treat this with the same respect?

i'd add them, but The Cure were rumoured already.

Ultimately the extra bit of info that suggests they're not doing it that stopped me from upping them to strong rumour. It just makes the whole thing feel a bit odd.