2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I barely remember MBV's set from when I saw them at Bilbao BBK in July but I don't think it was louder than anyone else there. I've given Loveless a couple of listens but never particularly taken to it; thinking about it though I think I've had it on quietly late at night. I'll try it again loud at some point.

Not sure what to make of Paul McCartney. It isn't overly exciting for me, but I know it's something I might one day regret not going to, but then at the same time I don't want to see a headliner purely for that reason. Hopefully there's a load of shit on up against him to save any decision making.

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I barely remember MBV's set from when I saw them at Bilbao BBK in July but I don't think it was louder than anyone else there. I've given Loveless a couple of listens but never particularly taken to it; thinking about it though I think I've had it on quietly late at night. I'll try it again loud at some point.

Not sure what to make of Paul McCartney. It isn't overly exciting for me, but I know it's something I might one day regret not going to, but then at the same time I don't want to see a headliner purely for that reason. Hopefully there's a load of shit on up against him to save any decision making.

Loveless just grows and grows on you in my experience. First few listens I gave it I don't remember thinking it was amazing, but a couple of years and a whole lot of listens later it's just a perfect album.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Loveless just grows and grows on you in my experience. First few listens I gave it I don't remember thinking it was amazing, but a couple of years and a whole lot of listens later it's just a perfect album.

Yeah I haven't written it off or anything but it defo hasn't done a lot for me so far. Funny how you need to put a lot of work into some albums, it's just frustrating doing it sometimes cos you can't be sure it'll even pay off. It'll click for me one day hopefully but I'm not in a rush to give it another go right now. If they're headlining the Park up against a shite headliner that'll be some good motivation for me.

Just now, Wooderson said:

This thread indicates prospect of a lose-lose for Macca. Truckload of shoulder shruggers who can’t wait to post how shit it is after 20 mins as they amble away to see c**ty O’Bscure. Rest of us will say “wasn’t as good as ‘04.”

But i’ll be made up, shimmying and grinning like a loon, so fuck ‘em

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

This thread indicates prospect of a lose-lose for Macca. Truckload of shoulder shruggers who can’t wait to post how shit it is after 20 mins as they amble away to see c**ty O’Bscure. Rest of us will say “wasn’t as good as ‘04.”

That overlooks the huge audience turnover over the last 15 years.

14 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Nah. There’ll be a good 40-50% of the crowd guaranteed to lap it up. So long as he doesn’t overload the first half of the set with solo stuff, anyway.

The only time I’ve previously seen him was in a venue with appalling acoustics so I’m excited to improve on that if nothing else. Also hopefully he won’t kill the mood with that snoozy ‘Hope For The Future’ bore this time around.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Just now, battleborn said:

There's going to be a lot of disappointed folk when McCartney drops dead in December out of the blue. 

Have you seen the amount of promo he’s doing for this new record? That isn’t a man on his last legs.

If anything does happen to him after this comment I apologise to the entire world.

15 years ago, so you’ve got for starters, anyone who was under, say 15, at the time. So that’s everyone who is under 30 now. That’s a big, big swathe of the crowd. Plus everyone who’s started going to Glastonbury in the last 15 years. I reckon if it’s 10-15% of the 2004 crowd, that’s a high estimate