2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

am hearing that Macca is a done deal.

Hard to say how much confidence there should be in that, although I definitely lean towards it being right.

I guess it'll be shown as wrong fairly soon, if Macca announces more US dates.

If it does get ruled out due to tour dates, any chance it could be for 2020 rather than 2019, like with Coldplay the other year?

Just now, Divein said:

Has that USA date for Glastonbury gone off his website? I cant seem to find it?

There never was a directly conflicting date. Just a tour that keeps having dates added and currently finishes on the Wednesday before the festival.

For ages, like pretty much all my life, i wasn’t the least bit interested in Macca. But then i realised i was just being a dick. I’d be right up for a bit of him. Can imagine it being pretty damn powerful in that crowd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If it does get ruled out due to tour dates, any chance it could be for 2020 rather than 2019, like with Coldplay the other year?

definitely not impossible, as what I have is really gossip (well sourced gossip, but gossip), and gossip tends to change for each person it goes thru.

But i'm being told about it as tho it's for next year, so that's what it should be taken as.

1 minute ago, incident said:

There never was a directly conflicting date. Just a tour that keeps having dates added and currently finishes on the Wednesday before the festival.

I know but when I checked the other week the 26th June in Phoenix was on his website ( well I could have sworn it was) now I dont think I can see it now.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Florence will headline at least one major festival next year, but it won’t be Glastonbury. IOW and TRNSMT would be my guesses.

Never know. Although now Macca info has come in...I admit like most I dismissed it then FATM, Arctics and Macca would be great but I do mean based on that towards Stormzy.

Just now, Superunknown said:

I'm sorry, I like Stormzy and would see him if he was at glasto but how is he big enough to headline off the back of one fairly well received album?

The assumption that he'll release another well received album before the festival that will make him prime new headliner fodder, although tbh I'm flip-flopping on the idea of him headlining, and really him in a sub slot (to say, Arctic Monkeys) would make a lot more sense.

12 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It's still there. You might be scrolling too far and going to his festival dates if you're just going to the bottom of the page?

So McCartney is playing in America on the Sunday? So it would have to be the Friday for Glastonbury, unless a The Who style cancellation farce is done?

Edited by Little Andy

Just now, Little Andy said:

So McCartney is playing in America on the Sunday? So it would have to be the Friday for Glastonbury, unless a The Who style cancellation farce is done?

No, it's on the Wednesday, but lots of people thought it made him unlikely to play. If he does play, it will most likely be on the Sunday because of that date.

2 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

His last summer American tour date, as it stands, is Wednesday June 26th in Phoenix so he can easily do Glastonbury. More than likely Sunday headliner, gives him the maximum amount of time after the Phoenix gig and he's perfect for the Sunday crowd

Edited by mufcok

Well that is fantastic news. I'd even take The 1975 headlining (who i hate) if it meant Macca was. My current thoughts are now: Macca, Arctic Monkey's and Stormzy (if he finishes his album in time). Suppose Kylie makes up for the lack of females in the headline spots. 

Macca - from what I've heard of him 'live' on the tele over the last 2-3 years or so I've always thought his voice was shot to buggery. So Macca as a headliner don't impress me much.

And AM, Stormzy and almost everyone else suggested don't inspire either.

Would be up to seeing Kylie though.

And thankfully there's always the other stages

That Macca info currently leaves me on something like this. Main changes I could make would be Stormzy as Friday headliner instead of The Cure, and The War on Drugs/The Streets as a sub instead of any of the three I've currently got.

It's big as fuck and it's good as fuck. Not much more you could ask for imo.

The Cure / Iggy Pop / Beach Boys

Arctic Monkeys / Stormzy / Dua Lipa

Paul McCartney / Liam Gallagher / George Ezra / Kylie Minogue