2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Could The Kinks do it? Last I heard a reunion was on the cards...

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/the-kinks-reunion-ray-davies-band-pete-quaife-a8418221.html

Something like:

Friday: The Cure, Vampire Weekend

Saturday: Arctic Monkeys, Stormzy

Sunday: The Kinks, Liam Gallagher

Originally I thought Madonna, but with Kylie playing I think it makes it seem a bit less likely.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

As influential as they are, I don't think The Kinks are headliners. Could be wrong, but they have a lot of "meh" records. A year or so ago, I took advantage of Spotify to find examples of hidden gems in their back catalogue beyond the handful of songs we all know. I came up with literally nothing.

I agree on them probably not being headliners, but I'm still staggered by that second contention. They've got oodles of great deep cuts.

29 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Could The Kinks do it? Last I heard a reunion was on the cards...

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/the-kinks-reunion-ray-davies-band-pete-quaife-a8418221.html

Something like:

Friday: The Cure, Vampire Weekend

Saturday: Arctic Monkeys, Stormzy

Sunday: The Kinks, Liam Gallagher

Originally I thought Madonna, but with Kylie playing I think it makes it seem a bit less likely.

Far more chance of having both Kylie and Madonna than The Cure and The Kinks 

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

little hunch at Stormzy purely for reasons mentioned but there is a slight doubt in him now, FATM and Arctic Monkeys. When we look at who could do it and size to do it, FATM has a massive tour and sold everything out quick I believe, plus I don't think she'll be chosen, 1 to do it on the 50th....I may be wrong and 2, as that would be her 2nd year. 

Realistically she's going to be booked around Europe next year and as soon as she is she becomes a contender, I've ignored it a bit due to 2015 but in reality it is 4 years later if only 3 festivals later and had she not stepped up to headline in the end that year I've no doubt she would be given the option on this album now. She could close it and Arctics Saturday tbh too but I don't think she'll do the Friday.

Florence will headline at least one major festival next year, but it won’t be Glastonbury. IOW and TRNSMT would be my guesses.

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

very early for this kind of info isn't it ? and with kylie also .... is this deliberate policy change or someone new with a loose tongue doing the booking ? 

Depends. Would be early to get someone nailed down, but if it's a "Been told so and so are headlining, don't know if it's true but based on where it's come from it should be" type deal I don't think it's strange to be getting some of those around this time.

very early for this kind of info isn't it ?

not really for headliner stuff.

and with kylie also .... is this deliberate policy change or someone new with a loose tongue doing the booking ? 

nah, just the music biz.

TBH, it could be gossip based more on assumption than fact, although it shouldn't be that ... then again, some of it conflicts and only one version of that conflicting stuff could be right.

Just now, eFestivals said:

am hearing that Macca is a done deal.

Hard to say how much confidence there should be in that, although I definitely lean towards it being right.

I guess it'll be shown as wrong fairly soon, if Macca announces more US dates.

Oooh had written him off due to those dates but this is exciting. First proper headliner rumour! And a great one at that.