2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I won't get into a big debate about it again, but it does baffle me how sometimes the same people who think the likes of Florence and the Machine could headline again rule out The Killers. 

It'll be a long term bet so you've gotta commit to yr efests future, but if anyone wants a tenner to charity that The Killers won't headline on their next album cycle (if there is one, void if they split up lol) then gimme a shout. ?

13 hours ago, zico martin said:

So are Fleetwood Mac really still a possibility now they sacked Lynsey? No more u2 or pearl jam rumours? We really are running out of big name headliners now aren't we!

Re: Fleetwood Mac, who’s to say? I would guess the band may be more amenable this time around. I wonder if the fact this is a less authentic version of the band makes them a less attractive option for the Eavii. Having said all that, given the prices charged by Mick Fleetwood for a meet and greet with just him on the band’s tour dates, money is seemingly still a major factor.

It would be nice to think there were other genuine headline contenders out there, at the moment there’s no-one else touring next summer that’s an obvious possibility.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

You're on.

Nice. You can chuck a tenner RED's way in roughly 2021 seeing as all The Killers' Christmas songs (which will be in their 40 song set according to some people) were in aid of them. ?

Thinking about it, they might be about when Glasto are putting on that other event. Variety Bazaar or whatever it's called. Already getting very wobbly this bet hahaha.

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Cpuld easily see both Coldplay and Muse doing a "not-so-secret-set" like Killers in 2017 if they really wanna play, see no point in them booking them as headliners so quickly, and I also don't see them booking larger subs/other headliners just for the sake of having them play.

Plus Muse on JP would be pretty great make it happen.

I think Coldplay getting Michael on stage the other year and having headlined 4 times now , that was their swan song / goodbye to Glastonbury

Elton is probably going to be the finishing act 

Madonna for Friday / sat but God knows the other.. 

I think cold play could open on other stage.. At least there'll be done and dusted. 

I'd personally love to see kate Bush either headline or for the legend slot.. 

25 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Elton is probably going to be the finishing act 

Madonna for Friday / sat but God knows the other.. 

I think cold play could open on other stage.. At least there'll be done and dusted. 

I'd personally love to see kate Bush either headline or for the legend slot.. 

I can't see Coldplay open on other stage tbh if they want to play it then they will headline 

6 hours ago, Odessa said:

I won't get into a big debate about it again, but it does baffle me how sometimes the same people who think the likes of Florence and the Machine could headline again rule out The Killers. 

What has kept The Killers from headlining again already? Unless it was the two members that they replaced with lookalikes, I don't see why their chances would be improving.

edit: I don't actually think it impossible that they'll headline again but it's not baffling. I think Florence and the Machine have better chance of returning given the relationship with the festival and stuff.

Edited by dentalplan

38 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

what odds Michael headlining ? he's been doing warm ups for quite a few years ? whats his repetoire ? happy birthday and my way  ... has he released an album lately ? has he headlined more than coldplay ? a shoe in for the 50th I reckon 

Add Can't Help Falling In Love and Suspicious Minds to that

Coldplay won’t play it, they are well aware they have played it too much and don’t want to over play it. Some would say they already have but without new material and so soon it’s very very unlikely. Their last set was the goodbye for now until new material and new stage show.

Chris Martin would probably go and maybe pop up on someone else’s set though, maybe the super group.

I’m going for:

Kate Bush

Taylor Swift

Madonna

gotta be at least one of them ?

Probably more of a reflection of pissed up efesters gambling their money away, but Paul McCartney has been backed into 2/1. With the Cure and AM tied at 6/4. 

With so many hovering around the same price. The bookies have no idea and just reacting to what’s placed in front of them. 

5 hours ago, chemica said:

Probably more of a reflection of pissed up efesters gambling their money away, but Paul McCartney has been backed into 2/1. With the Cure and AM tied at 6/4. 

With so many hovering around the same price. The bookies have no idea and just reacting to what’s placed in front of them. 

Have ING no rock bands would make it weak.

7 hours ago, chemica said:

Of course bookies have no idea. ...all they want it to pay less out. Macca's your dates do not look very likely for next year. With time difference I believe it's been said by the time he would arrive back to the UK he'd have about a day and an a half/2 days max before headlining if he closed the Sunday. My bet atm is he's asked to play next year.

I don't think The Cure will get a spot either unless it's the Other stage, but I'd like maybe to wrong. I can't see them taking sub at all and for the set length they would want to do it needs to be topping a stage.

Edited by thewayiam