2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Would they? Would Coldplay up against an Other sub like Stormzy last year be any more crowded than Dolly Patton up again some random mid-card Other Stage act that no one cares about?

///

They always load the other stages with stronger stuff though. Like Liam G and Avalanches were on when Katie Perry was on last time.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Did you not go see The Horrors?

I agree though. 8pm isn't gonna be time where people think "nothing else is good on, might as well go see Coldplay this time".

I saw the rest of The Horrors after she finished. I was thinking she must have clashed more with the act before them, which having looked now was Sam Smith.

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You're genuinely wrong, the Eavis would want them to headline and make a big deal out of it.

Man it's the 50th anniversary of their festival. Why would they want the headliners to look worse than any other year by having someone who headlined four years prior and has no new material, just so they can say their mates headlined the 50th anniversary?

And how on Earth are they supposed to make a big deal out of it?

"Here's our first headline for the 50th anniversary - Coldplay!"

"But they just headlined and have no new music wtf?"

"But it's COLDPLAY! At GLASTONBURY!"

"But we could have seen them there 4 years ago doing the same set wtf are you talking about Michael"

"COLDPLAY!!!! GLASTONBURY!!!!"

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Cpuld easily see both Coldplay and Muse doing a "not-so-secret-set" like Killers in 2017 if they really wanna play, see no point in them booking them as headliners so quickly, and I also don't see them booking larger subs/other headliners just for the sake of having them play.

Plus Muse on JP would be pretty great make it happen.

57 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Cpuld easily see both Coldplay and Muse doing a "not-so-secret-set" like Killers in 2017 if they really wanna play, see no point in them booking them as headliners so quickly, and I also don't see them booking larger subs/other headliners just for the sake of having them play.

Plus Muse on JP would be pretty great make it happen.

Would probably be the best way to go. As has been said, booking the likes of Coldplay, Muse etc in announced sub slots would only mean they couldn't then go on to headline in the next couple of years which, as nice as it sounds for all of us, probably isn't in the bands best interests, especially bands like Coldplay who like to make a big hooplah with their headline performances lighting up the Pyramid/handing out wristbands etc. 

Although that said, although I see the reasoning behind thinking those bands close to Glastonbury would like to be part of the 50th anniversary in some way, I refuse to get sucked in to the 'headliner sized band playing a smaller slot' nonsense that comes about every single year and never happens (The Killers don't count because in my opinion they'd never be booked to headline these days). The idea of Coldplay rocking up and doing anything other than headline the Pyramid just seems like an obvious no-go to me.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Would probably be the best way to go. As has been said, booking the likes of Coldplay, Muse etc in announced sub slots would only mean they couldn't then go on to headline in the next couple of years which, as nice as it sounds for all of us, probably isn't in the bands best interests, especially bands like Coldplay who like to make a big hooplah with their headline performances lighting up the Pyramid/handing out wristbands etc. 

Although that said, although I see the reasoning behind thinking those bands close to Glastonbury would like to be part of the 50th anniversary in some way, I refuse to get sucked in to the 'headliner sized band playing a smaller slot' nonsense that comes about every single year and never happens (The Killers don't count because in my opinion they'd never be booked to headline these days). The idea of Coldplay rocking up and doing anything other than headline the Pyramid just seems like an obvious no-go to me.

Coldplay haven't been to trnsmt before so they could that instead of Glastonbury

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I don't think The Killers will be offered headline now.