2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Slash seems like a 'play once and ticked off' kind of act to me. I mean, what has he added to his setlist since 2010 other than a bunch of his (I assume) mediocre solo stuff?

Also Alter Bridge are terrible so the more we can keep them away from the festival the better (not that they ever would be booked mind).

10 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Slash is only playing the Eventim Apollo on his tour so he's obviously not playing that slot.

He's also playing in Donny the night before apparently.

Edit: Why is his entire UK tour London, Manchester, Glasgow and Doncaster what a freak.

Yeah, why is he bothering with London?

Should have done - Doncaster, Rochdale, Accrington & Hebden Bridge.

The lancashire Hotpots do it right.

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yeah, why is he bothering with London?

Should have done - Doncaster, Rochdale, Accrington & Hebden Bridge.

The lancashire Hotpots do it right.

Every year I hassle the Hotpots about playing. Every year they say they can't get a gig there. They should be in the frame for headlining the bloody thing, not the 1975. Could you imagine a massive conga across the pyramid field to finish off Saturday night? Carnage. Beautiful carnage.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Slash seems like a 'play once and ticked off' kind of act to me. I mean, what has he added to his setlist since 2010 other than a bunch of his (I assume) mediocre solo stuff?

Also Alter Bridge are terrible so the more we can keep them away from the festival the better (not that they ever would be booked mind).

You've broken my heart FF.

Easily the best mainstream metal band of the 21st century. 

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Every year I hassle the Hotpots about playing. Every year they say they can't get a gig there. They should be in the frame for headlining the bloody thing, not the 1975. Could you imagine a massive conga across the pyramid field to finish off Saturday night? Carnage. Beautiful carnage.

I've got friends who go to watch them multiple times per year, I saw them once and the joke had worn thin within the space of half an hour.

Alter Bridge's last record was gash and I've never heard their debut, but the stuff in between is all at least pretty good. Blackbird is a great album. And when I saw them live his voice was absolutely incredible. Unfortunately I had to see Volbeat in between Gojira and AB though, and they're a solid contender for the worst band I've ever seen.

Best metal band this century is obviously Avenged tho.

35 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

A bit late to post this I know, but at Reading festival my son got chatting to the daughter of one of The Cure's guitarists (they were camping next to each other in Orange). She said that The Cure have been booked to play Glastonbury 2019. Looks like a confirmation of a rumour.

Or a rumour of a confirmation.

I love The Cure but them headlining Glastonbury in 2019 just doesn’t seem right to me and I highly doubt it’ll happen. I know they sold out BST but that was with an amazing undercard and was probably the same fans who go to see them every time they tour. It’d be a huge ‘Huh? Who? Why?’ from a hell of a lot of people I imagine, and surely after two years away there are tons more acts higher up the Eavis’ lists.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I love The Cure but them headlining Glastonbury in 2019 just doesn’t seem right to me and I highly doubt it’ll happen. I know they sold out BST but that was with an amazing undercard and was probably the same fans who go to see them every time they tour. It’d be a huge ‘Huh? Who? Why?’ from a hell of a lot of people I imagine, and surely after two years away there are tons more acts higher up the Eavis’ lists.

You're wrong, but it's ok to be wrong.:ph34r: